Carrigain well

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dr_wu002 said:
Based on what I assume is the high percentage of people on this site taking water from the woods, treating and consuming it without getting violently ill, it seems that the treatment is whatever level you feel comfortable with.

I think this is all (as always) getting blown way out of proportion. How many of us have really gotten sick from drinking the water while hiking? Just scoop, treat and drink. If you don't feel comfortable, don't do it or bring Poland Spring or something in a bottle.

If the Forest Service really doesn't want people drinking from the well on Carrigain, they should build a privy over it.

-Dr. Wu

Is it in a Wilderness area, which forbids man-made improvements? Won't Ranger Dick just come around and tear it up?
:D

dug said:
Is it in a Wilderness area, which forbids man-made improvements? Won't Ranger Dick just come around and tear it up?
:D
There's a freakin' tower up there, how "wilderness" can it be!? Actually, if you hunt around you'll find a little bench that someone made too.

If the FS wants people to avoid the well, they should just fill it in. This whole topic is so surreal. I mean, drink at your own risk, case closed. Isn't there anything more interesting to talk about?

-Dr. Wu

Status
Not open for further replies.