Cotton Mtn., Mt. Livermore via Cotton Mtn Trail et al, 02/03/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket21

Reaction score
Cotton Mountain, Mt. Livermore via Cotton Mountain Trail, Crawford Ridgepole Trail, and bushwack

Date of Hike: Sunday, February 3, 2008

Trail Conditions: Frozen granular, loose granular, spring snow

Special Equipment Required: None required

Comments:

Cotton Mountain Trail roadside parking lot plowed.

Cotton Mountain Trail to Cotton Mountain - barebootable if you stay on the trail. I wore snowshoes for traction up high. The deer as reference in an earlier conditions report wasn't visible when I ascended, however something had dug up some fur by the time I descended.

Mt. Livermore via Livermore Trail - barebootable if you stay on the trail...I found the sign at the Prescott Trail junction a little confusing (didn't bring a map, and the CR Trail arrow was pointing into nothingness), so I headed uphill on the Prescott Trail then bushwacked to the summit - snowshoes were helpful for this. Found the trail upon descent, snowshoes not required. Second brook crossing after Cotton Mountain was a little tricky (single log across, would have been fine with trekking poles), but the others were either covered or stepable.

No significant blowdowns.

Your name: rocket21

Your E-mail address: [email protected]