Dec 7th - AMC Boston Ski Open House @ Joy St

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Metsky

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 4th annual Ski and Ride Open House for the AMC Boston Chapter Ski Committee will be held in the AMC offices at Joy St on Tuesday Dec 7th from 7:00 to 10:00 PM.

As in previous years the format will be a series of gear demos with skiers available to answer questions about:

• Cross Country
  • Backcountry
  • Telemark
  • Alpine Touring/Randonee
  • Snowboards and Splitboards
  • Places to get out and ski/ride
  • The AMC's instructional programs
  • Volunteer led trips by the AMC Boston Chapter

The presentation this year will be about Hut-to-Hut skiing in Norway by Mike Barry, who leads a trip there every few years. We will have a raffle for prizes available to everyone who attends, with lift tickets to Mad River Glen and other local areas in the mix. Light refreshments will be served, there is no cost to attend.

norway1.jpg

norway2.jpg

Think snow!

-dave-

i'll probably check this out ... anyone up for meeting before the show ?

we met at Beantown Pub before going to the Denali gig at the amc place last time

anyone know a good place to meet, or feel like carpooling ?

grant proposal deadline before the show, but I would be up for something after the show.

i'll probably check this out ... anyone up for meeting before the show ?

we met at Beantown Pub before going to the Denali gig at the amc place last time

anyone know a good place to meet, or feel like carpooling ?

Arm, I'm up for going and a couple brews. Carpooling also if you are still in my area w*rking.....

Dave, Since I won mad river glen tickets last year but never got them...does that mean i can get them for this season???? :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone now that I'm back! :D

The slide show will start around 8:00 and be done by 8:45. We'll do the raffle for door prizes right after that.