Do VFTTers like a game??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carole

Reaction score
I thought the shirt would have traveled far by now. What shirt? The free VFTT t-shirt. Maybe people don’t think it’s real? Maybe no one wants to look? With the popularity of geo-caching, peakbagging and canister sniffing I thought VFTTers would enjoy their own treasure hunt. Find the shirt, sign it and rehide it. Interested?

The free shirt was first posted here.
Free VFTT t-shirt

It took awhile but someone took a hint and went right off and found it. OldBoneyCheeks

It was hidden again and clues were given byYosemite Sam but no one seems to have looked for it.

It is real. No I didn't make those names up but I did hide it the first time. Do a search on "buried treasure" and you'll find another hint.

Not all of New Hampshire nor New England is under snow.

Double Bow said:
I think with the snow and all, the shirt is probably going to wind up hibernating for the winter! :D

Ah, I'm sure a little ingenuity could help overcome that problem and probably make it even more fun. :D

Really cool idea for a game!

photos look like speck pond and surroundin' area! :D
can't read the map! :D
just figured out how to read the map! guess it ain't speck pond!! :eek:

Last edited:
The Treasure Remains

I guess eyes should check inhere more often.

I saw the treasure with mine own to eyes this past weekend. Rest assured, it's safe and sound. :) (and there was no snow or ice in the area either)

Yosemite sam: What makes you think you can kill a pirate hooz been dead since before you were a wiggle in yur daddy's britches. It'll take mor than guns and dinomite to take me out of this world. And as far as my treasure goes, if I catches me a barnacle sucking midgit, or anyone else, near my treasure I'll send them to a watery grave....:D

"speck pond"
I guess the treasure is safe.:p

Hardy...Har....Har....Har...

No. It's quite true that there isn't much snow yet but, hopefully that will change soon. In regards to the cave, I didn't look at the clues so I didn't realize that it's in a cave. You're right though, it's present location should be safe for awhile.

WCTDave said:
One question: what's the mirror for?

I'll betcha your silly ball cap it's a signal mirror. You know, ta signal the barmaid ta bring ya another round. :p

Could be purty useful when it's gettin late and ya cant no longer shout without fallin off yur barstool.

Assuming the "treasure map" is what is referred to in Yosemite Sam's account, I can't get it to open. Now you've gone high-tech and encrypted the map so ordinary people can't get to it! Dag Nabbit, I want to look too! Sometimes us law-abiding folks need to have a little treasure, not just all you pirates out there. :mad: :mad: :D

And of course if I find it, I, being an upstanding citizen with nothing but altruistic and philanthropic tendencies, will hang the shirt on a stick by the trail when I find it. :p

Well, probably not....

Last edited:
I has it from a reliable sorse that me treasure is in jepordie of bein found, so's I'll be goin up to move it to a safer location soon.

Teach ya ta blab...:p

Hardy...Har...Har...Har

Me treasure was removed from the cave taday.......I's was concerned one of you's might get hurt trying to steal me treasure. Isles hide it again in the spring...I have some more loot to add to the chest anyways. You'll never find it!

Hardy...Har...Har...Har.

Oh NO!
While I was looking at the NH Trail Conditions, I see that the treasure has been found and rehidden by none other than the pirate of the seven seas!
www.vftt.org/trail/nh/1500.html

Let me warn you all, if you dare find the treasure, this lady pirate who hid the treasure is no lady! I had the misfortune of meeting her one time while I was in Sinagpore. I'm sure wherever she stashed the treasure is surrounded by death and danger, be carefull if you look for it, she may be lurking in the woods ready to run through any unsuspecting treasure hunter with her razor sharp blade.
Happy Hunting! (I'll pass on this one)
WSC