Easiest 4k'er right now

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dvbl

Given all the variables or snow, ice, mud, steepness, tricky spots, high and fast water crossings, etc: what is the easiest WNMF 4k'er right now (meaning this week)?

rarely is Tecumseh not the easiest: its one of the shortest (height and trail distance), not exposed at all, no notable crossings, its the furthest south, which coupled with the lack of height makes for less snow

Jackson had some snow on the upper section of the Webster-Jackson Trail a couple of weeks ago, but was pretty well packed out. Great views from the top, but remember to bring granola for the gray jays.

SherpaKroto said:
Read MR X's signature. That would explain things :rolleyes:
I turn off the display of signatures. :)

Actually, it still doesn't make any sense now that I've read his signature...

while it is old, it was re-introduced at roughly the same time of year, when the same seasonal weather conditions are relevant, and many three-seasoners are just getting back into the swing of things - makes this a good one to re-ignite

And I stand by my recommendation that Tecumseh is the way to go, at least in terms of shear ease

There are actually lots of season-specific topics that get brought up at roughly the same time every year - and may as well be re-ignited threads, rather than new ones

Easiest 4k's that I've hiked

Pierce, Osceola from Tripoli Rd, Moosilauke via Gorge Brook trail. Galehead wasn't bad either, perhaps a little longer than most straight forward 4ks.

Tecumseh was very straight forward but it was -5 with 3 feet of snow on the ground, so it was a bit more strenuous.

But the easiest 4k I've hiked wasn't in the Whites. It was Camels Hump in Vt via Monroe trail.