Easy 4k footer on 1/8

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyRay

Reaction score
I'm looking to use up a vacation day I was supposed to use by year end (my boss gave me a one week grace period :)

I'd like to knock off one of the easier 4k footers like Webster, Willey, Cannon, or I'm open to suggestions. I haven't' been out much recently, so I don't want anything too strenuous.

The 8th is best for me, but the 6th may also be a possibility.

Rick

Just a few things...

Webster isn't a 4K (3910'), you may be thinking of Jackson, which is right next to Webster.

Willey, while a 4K, isn't one of the easier ones if you're just going to do it alone. To do it alone, you'd have to go up the Willey Range trail from the south, which means about 1600' elevation gain in just 1.1 miles. Fun stuff, but you might have an easier time doing Tom, Field and Willey from the north.

For relatively-easy 4Ks I'd also suggest Pierce if it's clear out (so you don't miss the great views), and if the weather's not so great, Waumbek or Tecumseh.

Oops, right... Jackson!

Webster/Jackson seems like an awesome winter hike... without too much challenge.

I've bagged Tom and Field, so I was thinking just Willey wouldn't be too strenuous.

Thanks for the advice...

Rick

For relatively-easy 4Ks I'd also suggest Pierce if it's clear out (so you don't miss the great views), and if the weather's not so great, Waumbek or Tecumseh.

I'll second BobC's suggestion to do Pierce, especially via the Crawford Path.

The trail is pretty well packed out now, and by January 8 (your hike date), should be again...after the possible mess o' snow headed our way on New Year's Day.

Plus, the views are incredible...

Add me to the Pierce bandwagon, plus Crawford path will likely be a superhighway after the upcoming storms.

Well you can add me to the Pierce bandwagon as well. It would be perfect if I had not done it last winter and the winter before :) Guess I should have mentioned that.

Also not mentioned was that I'm looking for someone to join me - wife doesn't like me soloing. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Not only is Pierce almost always broken out and with a fairly easy grade, it is on the upper section with the trees laden with snow and its fantastic views of Washington, one of the most beautiful hikes in the Whites.:)