Fall at Tuck's this past weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH MY GOD. That is horrible. How the hell did he get out of the waterfall / crevasse?
Based on the video, it just screams out: That person was not ok.
I am glad to hear they are alright. Wow.

Way too many people go to Tuckerman Ravine who are inexperienced, underprepared and have no clue what they're doing.

I was impressed by the high percentage of skiers and boarders carrying short axes on their packs when I visited the Ravine last Thursday. Talked to a pair of skiers who were able to descend continuously 4300 vertical ft from the summit parking lot to Pinkham via the East Snowfields, Central Gully in Huntington, the Huntington Ravine Trail, Harvard Cabin fire road, and the Sherbie. Good alternative when the Little Headwall is melted out this time of year. We were barely able to sneak down the Sherbie all the way to Pinkham on Thursday, which is now mostly melted out in the lower mile.

Next thing you know they will be asking when and where the black flies will be out. At least according to some numbers are down. So the carnage should be minimal. Although they do say they come in on snowshoes and leave on snowshoes.

Attachments

• skier Megan Howes 2023.jpg
    skier Megan Howes 2023.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 7
If you all didn't click on this link, it was worth it for this photo. WM Pic of the Year, I'd say. It says "Image Credit: Megan Howes", a wedding photographer who was in the right place and had their finger on the shutter button at the right time:
Will make return to wedding photography boring, no?