Finally a winter Pemi loop

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . Not to long after I met Marc Howes and a merry band of bushwackers headed to some peak off the trail i didn't even know existed. Marc said to get on my way and not waste time socializing so i obeyed . The hiking wasn't bad from here but not fast conditions by any means. On the climb up Garfield i came upon Michael and friend who said the were doing Garfield, Galehead, Twins. They managed to figure out who I was and gave me congrats and then i headed up hill. The section of trail just below the spring cought me by surprise. Huge ice bulges blocked my way. So i made my way up slowly using organic handholds..

Despite only a few inches of new snow since the weekend, I was surprised on Thursday to find most of the track on the GRT was blown in. That ice bulge below the Garfield tent platforms is impressive this year; probably more ice than in Huntington's Central Gully (steeper, too!). Given that the Gale-Gar loop is 18.5 miles, there is real peak-bagging economy in the Pemi Loop, if one can go the extra 13 miles (or extra 20 miles with four side trips for 12 wNH4k's). :)

and the detailed splits so I can imagine how fast it can be done. You are incredible!

Agreed. I very much appreciate the way you break your trail runs down, it helps put it in perspective -- yes, still something you should be damn proud of but also something a back of the pack runner like me can wrap my brain around. :)

Farmer on Fire

Like Silverfox & Cymbidium, I was part of the Gang of 12. You came out of no where & were gone in a flash. I give you credit for attempting something of that magnitude solo in Winter.