First Hiking Maps Of Mars

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amstony said:
Also, I am pretty sure you'll need to carry your own oxygen on this hike, not too many Sherpa's in this area. Plus the elevation is tough, so you better leave before sunrise.

but you can leave the water filter at home. You'll have to carry all your own water. However, if you did come across a spring, it would not be too likely to have giardia in it.

better hurry though, before the tourists crowds come to see the Face.

Uh, guys, forget about Mars. I do have good news though. There is hiking in heaven. The bad news is that you're leading Saturday's hike.

I hope to live long enough and be healthy enough to hike on Mars..... also hope I'll be able to afford the fare there and back. :)

and, wow..... can you imagine the gear requirements? :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Don't know if we'll sweat climbing, or jump up the mountains, if it's like the moon!

carole said:
Is there a 'list' yet? :rolleyes:
Yeah, Earth, Venus, Mars, Jupiter......

Forget the gps, but I'd like to see how a compass works on Mars. Mapsource already has a CD you can buy. They call it Mars Attack.

Heres the peakbagging list for MARS highest peaks.......

Ok you asked for it..........here it is, courtesy USGS:

Who will maintian the list? We most DEFINITELY need a patch for motivation......or why go to Mars? :) :p And we most definitely need huts of some sort!

List of mountains on Mars by height

This is a list of mountains on Mars by height. The listed heights are relative to the Martian datum (the elevation defined as zero by average martian atmospheric pressure and planet radius), and not necessarily their surrounding terrain.

This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.
Name Height (m)
Olympus Mons 21,171
Ascraeus Mons 18,209
Arsia Mons 17,779
Pavonis Mons 14,037
Elysium Mons 13,862
Anseris Mons 3,959
Euripus Mons 3,945
Tyrrhena Mons 3,920
Promethei Mons 3,789
Chronius Mons 3,240
Gonnus Mons 2,937
Labeatis Mons 1,143
Pindus Mons 704
Oceanidum Mons -1,277
Horarum Mons -2,325
Peraea Mons -2,470
Octantis Mons -2,731
Galaxius Mons -3,972

References
United States Geological Survey data files megt90n000eb.img and megt90n000eb.lbl

and, wow..... can you imagine the gear requirements? :eek: :D :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

On the bright side, you won't need a bear cannister.