Flume & Liberty, 1/4

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ow2010

Reaction score
Hello all,

I finally found my way over here to VFTT, so I wanted to share my latest report from peaks 25 and 26.

You can read my entire report with pictures on my blog...

http://opw9010.blogspot.com/2012/01/january-4-2012-mt-flume-25-mt-liberty.html

Quick summary...

I realize since this is now a week old that the trail conditions may not be of much use anymore, but for what it's worth..
We wore Microspikes for the entire hike (Whitehouse - Liberty Spring - Flume Slide - Franconia Ridge - and down LS)
Though we managed with the spikes, I would highly recommend full crampons to anyone attempting the slide. We bushwhacked around many of the large ice flows. Mild winds on these peaks even though Washington had sustained winds of 50 mph. Exhausting but a ton of fun!
Here are a few teaser pics...

DSC03532.JPG

DSC03536.JPG

DSC03553.JPG

Who was that Sox player whose first MLB at-bat was a homer? Great pics, ow2010, and welcome! It's funny how cool the Bondcliff-like shot looks in the flat light, was that on the top of the Flume slide? Great stuff!

Thank you both for the feedback!

That final shot is actually from the summit pinnacle on Liberty looking southwest. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing the centered peak is Mt. Ascutney, VT? If anyone knows for sure, I'd be interested to know.