Garmin 60 series parts?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tb69wemt

Reaction score
I am hoping one of you on here knows of a source for Garmin parts or may have a broken Garmin 60 series you want to sell(cheaply)

I have a Garmin 60 series with a Huge gouge in the display screen. It is not a little scratch that can be buffed out.It does not effect how it works or even really obstruct my view, it just really annoys me more than anything else. I have searched the net and e-bay for parts with no luck.I have contacted a few GPS remanufactures and they keep referring me back to Garmin who appear not to want to sell me the front cover:mad:. Any help or suggestion appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

Yeah, good luck in trying to get parts from Garmin. They wouldn't sell me the little clickstick on my old Etrex Vista and wanted me to pay their flat $125 fee for some stupid part. So I simply stuck a pin in it and used it for awhile..:mad::mad: I was really pissed and they offered to drop the flat rate to $60.. at which point I told them to shove it.. :p

The LCD connects to the mainboard via a flat ribbon.. (yes, I took my Etrex apart). Outside ebay or craigslist, something like that might be proprietary to garmin so you might be out of luck if you can't find one on ebay, etc..

Jay

I have a Garmin 60 series with a Huge gouge in the display screen. It is not a little scratch that can be buffed out.It does not effect how it works or even really obstruct my view, it just really annoys me more than anything else. I have searched the net and e-bay for parts with no luck
There's a company who frequently advertises on tv and radio that fixes chips in car windshields. Maybe that kind of process would work.