Gathering 9.0 - September 14-17 - Who is Going??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reserved campsite #52....see you there....never hiked in Mass. looking foward to it..

coldfeet said:
Stan you can park at my site, still having those drinking celebrations after the hike in the back of your car

Yep, the tailgate is still open but you remind me that I need a refill ... paddled all around Barnstable Harbor/Sandy Neck (Cape Cod) yesterday with friends and you know the conclusion.

Thanks for the offer. See you at # 52.

Thanks to David/Coldfeet for inviting me to ride with him to the gathering! I would be interested in climbing Mt. Greylock. I also spoke with Jay H earlier this evening and we discussed heading north on Sat. and doing Abraham and Ellen in Vermont on the Long Trail. Hopefully the weather will be nice, I do love the Berkshires in the fall.

I'm also planning on bringing my guitar so maybe we can have a bit of a sing along, otherwise I can play slide guitar while everyone else drinks and howls like coyotes :eek: :D :)

Tom Rankin said:
Laurie and I will be there Friday and Saturday, but not camping. Anyone want to do Greylock? What other hikes are near by ? :D

Tom, would you and Laurie want to do Greylock on Friday? Just thought I would ask..... I think David and I will be there Thursday night and and I know David wants to hike Greylock, haven't asked him about Abraham/Ellen yet.

Last edited:
Freddy, yep we're getting up there Thurs night and I have to leave Sat night, I think a small group is hiking Greylock Sat...teejay, Tom, Laurie.....

funkyfreddy said:
Tom, would you and Laurie want to do Greylock on Friday? Just thought I would ask..... I think David and I will be there Thursday night and and I know David wants to hike Greylock, haven't asked him about Abraham/Ellen yet.
Sorry, only can do Saturday...

What are the directions to the Freight Yard Restaurant and Pub and what time are the reservations?

Since I asked for a head count of those who were interested in going to dinner Friday night, and got a response of exactly zero, I didn't make a reservation. Now it looks like there might be two or even four of us, if Coldfeet and FF want to go. Or six if Tom and Laurie join in.

Anyway, it is easy to get to the restaurant. From the campground, go back to East Main St. and turn left toward downtown. Go to Rt. 8, turn left and go over a bridge. Turn right after the bridge at a sign for the ??? State Park and the restaurant is in the park, which is an old freight yard/historic site, or so I remember.

teejay

teejay said:
Since I asked for a head count of those who were interested in going to dinner Friday night, and got a response of exactly zero, I didn't make a reservation. Now it looks like there might be two or even four of us, if Coldfeet and FF want to go. Or six if Tom and Laurie join in.
We won't be there before 9PM Friday, so count us out for dinner.

teejay, I'm going to bring up a gas stove to cook burgers or heat up other food..I'm just going to grab whatever is left over in the frige and heat it up..

Folks are welcome to use it also..

Will bring up some local beer also for Thurs and Fri night..

Hikes?

I just got off the phone with David/Coldfeet and we wanted to see what the hike plans are for Friday..... Would anyone be interested in a hike to Stratton Mt. and Stratton Pond? Just thought I would throw that out there.

Sat. it looks like we'll be joining everyone on Greylock. :)

BoB will be there Sat. night. Possibly kayaking Deerfield River Sunday.