Gathering 9.0 ????

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am up to do something in NH or Maine. Maybe we can do something to work around SherpaK?

Bubba - I'd rather see folks on Sat 9/10 participating in the Flags on the 48 hike; save the Gathering for one of the weekends following!

I'm up for anything. I hope to make it this year. Really sucked I missed out on the VT Gathering.

I saw a mention of mine at my place. I'm still having it, just having a hard time placing a good date. It actually might be the first weekend in October this year. My weekends are booked for June. July out because of my Rainier trip. August is out because Maddi won't be around for a couple weekends. Maybe the first weekend in September. But I don't want it to close to 9.0 because I know it's hard getting away two weekends in a row.

I'll get it figured out soon and post the details.

MichaelJ said:
Bubba - I'd rather see folks on Sat 9/10 participating in the Flags on the 48 hike; save the Gathering for one of the weekends following!

Why not both? This goes especially for those who may want to come from far away to the Gathering, but may not have done so for the Flags on the 48. Have not yet been to a gathering, but I hear that most people go hiking, so why not see the flags. Besides its a way for those not from around here to see one of NH's better hiking events.

I'm with Audrey on this one--let's go for NH. There are plenty of low effort, perfectly beautiful options for Sherpa if he is able to attend.

Personally, I can't make Sept. 15-16 because of a wedding. So I would vote for a different weekend. :D ;)

I hereby re-new my old push for Hayes (?) Field, ya know that beautiful summer spot within Dolly Copp at the base of Madison that also happens to have a close by road walk to Pine Mountain (for my buddy SK). :D

You may laugh, but Stan, Eric, and I hiked Pine Mountain on the last day of Gathering 4.0. I ran into some friends I hadn't seen since college at the top. It's an easy hike, but it's a nice one and was perfect for a quick hike after a big breakfast and before the drive home. :)

Anyway, there's a slim chance I could make it this year, but I agree that NH is due. I'm still bumming about missing out on G 8.0.

NH sounds good to me. As well as a possible unofficial weekend for the "flags" weekend. :eek: :D