Has Anyone Got a Good Nickname For This Hiking Summer?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dr_wu002 said:
"The Summer Where the Hikers Whined and Complained about the Rain Non-Stop"

Sorry guys, I had an awesome summer.

-Dr. Wu

Which followed the Winter where people Whined and complained about Snow Non-Stop.

I seem to remember getting rained on last summer.. also I remember the forecasts being wrong all the time last year too... That's summer for you!

At least we can hike in the rain. Try telling that to roofers/painters etc :eek:

Last edited:
No one said its over,and my hiking season isn't over either, I just think that in the future it will be a summer remembered!

Fisher Cat said:
No one said its over,and my hiking season isn't over either, I just think that in the future it will be a summer remembered!
Lemme tell you, late 2006 and all of 2007 were difficult and awful for me. Job sucked, got out shape, numerous issues, stopped hiking etc. Back in shape and then back hiking in early 2008 and it's been fantastic. I'm happy to be getting out again and it's been a great Spring/Summer of hiking for me -- I really have loved it so far in 2008 and there's >4 months to go still. Great year.

-Dr. Wu

I'm startin' to lean toward any nickname regarding wet boots. The slosher we took last Friday (8th) over Whiteface & Passaconaway really saturated them. My boots have been outside, but under cover, since we got back to our house last Saturday. It is now the 14th and they have still not dried completely. The outside is drier, but inside its still all wet and clammy. I should have opened a betting pool on when they would have been dry.