How much snow did you get?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terwilleger

Reaction score
I'm in NY's Hudson valley. My driveway had about 6" of heavy wet snow. I packed the skis in the car and hope to slip out early.

How about the rest of the region? Where are you and how much did you get?

We got about 3 inches so far in Boston. I thought about taking a snow day from work. The 1/2 block walk to the T can be quite treacherous when it snows. Alas though, I'm here, safe and sound and hoping there's a lot of snow for this weekend.

4-6 inches of powder in northern CT. Starting to rain though... Bear Mountain Area would probably be a great Snowshoe today. Too bad I leave for Marcy tomorrow.

-percious

We have about 4" and counting in Southern New Hampshire. I was going to go skiing but am running out of time to finish a project at work. Silly job thing!

percious said:
Too bad I leave for Marcy tomorrow.
Oh, yeah, too bad you have to go hiking on Marcy tomorrow while the rest of us have to work tomorrow! :D :p And my boss won't even buy the "It's too dangerous to cross the street and get on the train" excuse anymore. :confused:

Last edited:
About 4" right now in Greenville, NH at 10 AM and still coming down hard. I have every pair of skis I own in my truck rack, and my snowshoes as well :)

Planning on hitting Watatic at about 2 PM for some backcountry, followed by Wachusett for the same and then some downhill. Will be getting home late tonite! :D

Nothing in Bethel, ME yet. Just the same crust we've had for weeks. Radio says snow is on the way, though!
-vegematic

I got 6 inches of snow in NY's Hudson Valley by mid-morning before it turned to freezing rain. It appears that the Catskills got 6-9 inches of snow, and most areas have or soon well switch over to freezing rain. The highest snow total report I have seen is 9.5 inches at West Shokan. The summits could have a little more.

Approx. 5" in Milford NH and coming down at a good clip. 23 degrees Hope it dosen't change over soon.

Pretty sad when a 6" storm can get us all excited so I'll put a damper on things, predictions are for temps in the 50's next week :mad:

Snowfall

6 inches in Harvard, MA (the Harvard in the country--not the college).

Temp is 28 and snow is mixed with ice, sleet, and (unfortunately) some freezing rain.

Damn! By the time I got out of work, it had turned over to freezing rain :(

No backcountry at Watatic, I had to settle for a few soggy runs at Wachusett.

Paul Smith's weather link

I'm in Albany but I wish I wasn't. However, here's a link to the Paul Smith's Weather site. Gives a lot of current info for Paul Smith's which is a little NW of Saranac Lake.http://www.paulsmiths.edu/aai/eet/weather.html
And here's another: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/NYZ034.php
There's also a link from within this last one for 2 day history. Saranac is down in the valley not in the mountains--but at least it gives us flatlanders an idea of what's going on up there.

Last edited: