How much snow up north?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grouseking said:
But a snowstorm is on the way for northern areas....it may not be white during the day on Xmas but starting Mon night thru Tuesday the north and esp mtns will get their share of snow, possibly exceeding 10 inches. Watches are already up for northern NY and VT and they'll prob go up tomorrow for northern NH and ME. Once again southern New England will miss out, but its only Dec, so hopefully we'll get our share Jan-Mar.

grouseking

YIPPEE : )

Backcountry Weather

At first glance, this has been an elevation storm, as you can see the mtns huts picked up a few inches of wet snow last night...and as cold air works in, the upslope will take over, adding to the accumulations. I think it may finally be a good week to ski! I personally am not a skier, but I'm hoping for enough snow to snowshoe.

Official NWS snowfall amts

Again...not much so far, but the notches have won.

Oh and NY/VT

grouseking

Hiked Waumbek today.

Minimal snow near trailhead, under a foot higher up, but enough to give a genuine wintery feel. Snowshoes not needed yet, but stabilicers very useful as there was ice under a thin layer of snow for most of the way.

carole said:
New reports for today? We received several inches of nice powder today at 950' here in Farmington, NH. :)

More further north??

We might have gotten 5in. here in Whitefield the most here.Light stuff. I came up through NH today with above the Notch's having the most.

Just an inch or two in Bethel. It looks nice but there's not really enough to do anything with. Hopefully more fell in the hills.
-vegematic

About 5 inches of the light fluffy stuff fell in Bethlehem yesterday. I just got back from snow shoeing. It was awesome! :)

5-6 inches up on Kinsman Ridge fresh on Saturday. Powdery and packed well. Don't need snowshoes yet, but do need traction devices, and up high expect to kick through a few drifts.

Only a couple of inches on Dolly Sods (wait... that's not the northeast! my bad! :) )

On Saturday at the Imp tr head there was none at 7am but 4 inches when we returned at 3:30 pm. There was a total close to a foot on Carter ridge...4-5 inches of powder on ice on top of consolidated snow.

Dolly Sods!

I love that place!
Never thought I would hear about it on this board. And you are correct, it isn't northeast, but it is worth mentioning. Can't wait to go back there.

Catskills... 12-30-06

About 2 " on the ground up on top of Doubletop Saturday. Windy, cloudy, cold with occasional fluries. Just a dusting at the Big Indian trailhead on the way out Sunday.

Disgusting rain and freezing rain late last night and most of the day today in the North Conway area. I chiseled three quarters on an inch of frozen slush off of my 3 flights of outside stairs this AM .... ICK!!
I hear it's supposed to get warmer as the week progresses. What a mess. Where is the real New England winter white stuff?? :(