Instructions For A Thommen Altimeter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thclimer

Reaction score
I've recently acquired a used Thommen Classic Altimeter (27,000 Ft) with no instruction manual and was wondering if anyone could give me the basics on how to use it?

I’m aware of the outer ring which can be turned to reference your present altitude on the 0-3,000 scale but there seems to be another small portal which indicates by 1,000 ft increments. How does that change?

Thanks in advance.

Thclimer said:
I've recently acquired a used Thommen Classic Altimeter (27,000 Ft) with no instruction manual and was wondering if anyone could give me the basics on how to use it?

I’m aware of the outer ring which can be turned to reference your present altitude on the 0-3,000 scale but there seems to be another small portal which indicates by 1,000 ft increments. How does that change?

Thanks in advance.

I'll bet ' Dr. Dasypodidae ' can help you!

Thclimer said:

Congrats! A fine instrument.

You don't have to adjust the little dial. It just helps you to determine the number of thousands to add to the number from the big dial.

Doug
5K meter Thrommen owner (metric dial)

Thommen Altimeter Manual

I too recently purchased a used Thommen, without documentation.

Contact the manufacturer and they'll send you a replacement documentation set. The person I contacted was:

"Prisca Sistek" <[email protected]>

Prisca is listed on their web site as one of their key contacts for this type request.

She processed my request very quickly and I had the documentation, along with additional technical material not normally included with the unit within a couple weeks. :)

You can save some time if you simply include mailing address details with the initial request.

Good luck.

Earl