Lodging options near Upper Works

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bctrainor

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to take an ADK vacation and would like to do some hiking in the Santanoni Range. The problem is that my wife is not into the trailess peaks (my brother will join me) and I'd like to find a fun place to stay, so that she can have a nice day while we're playing in the mud. The Elk Lake Lodge looked great, but two nights there is very pricey. When I've been in that area I haven't see that much of anything around there. Does anyone know nice places to stay in that southern area of the high peaks? Thanks.

Brian

Brian,
There used to be a nice litle B&B right in Newcomb, but I do not know if it is still in business. Are you goingin the winter? Does your wife ski or snowshoe - It is a nice trip in on the road to Camp Santanoni. Also, there is a fellow that takes folks in on a wagon, but I don't recall if it runs in the winter.
Check out Aunt Polly's B&B, Route 28 N Newcomb NY 12852, 518 582-2260
Also, Cedar Inn on Lake Harris Route 28 28 N Newcomb NY 12852 518 582-3673

I usually stay in Schroon Lake. It is only an exit or two south of the Northway exit for the Upper Works and Elk Lake. About 45 minutes or so to Upper Works parking from there. Lots of motels to pick from and groceries, gas, etc are available.

Adirondack Motel

Another option could be staying at Long Lake. I think they have a few places, including the Adirondack Motel.