MacNaoughton from Upper Works

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow

Reaction score
Coming in from upper works and before you get to wallface mt. and indian pass, there is a stream from wallface ponds that intersects the trail. Has anyone climbed MacNaughton going up this stream bed (or know if it is doable). Seems like it would cut out a lot of mileage.

thanks.

Shadow

Coming in from upper works and before you get to wallface mt. and indian pass, there is a stream from wallface ponds that intersects the trail. Has anyone climbed MacNaughton going up this stream bed (or know if it is doable). Seems like it would cut out a lot of mileage.

thanks.

Shadow
Ask ADK88 if he does not respond, I think he came DOWN that way recently.

Hey. Yes, I have gone that way (up, actually, Tom...though the down way would have been the better decision on the way back).

If you would like any info on that direction, please PM me and I'll share with you what it's like. It certainly does cut out quite a bit if mileage.

I started up that way in 1997 or 98 and worked my way up for about 30-45 minutes before I got fed up with minimal progress due to the immense blowdown across the stream and turned back. I imagine it's not that much different now... Good Luck if you go that way.

I recall the stream bed, like Rick being very very thick, but then the alternative (which is wacking around the stream) to be even worse! Not sure if there is enough snow now to make it a non issue!

Jay

actually there is a stream about 10 - 15 minutes past wallface leanto, not on the map, takes you up the drainage to the south bump of mac. with good snow it is a real nice whack. really not thick at all. especially if you can stay in the brook! it's the best way to go.