Monodnock - 11/13 Pls reply here

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rt 2 conditions west 495 to 202 at 6 pm

Route 2 is in good shape. Just wet from 495 to Exit 21/Templeton. Saw some slush build up on the shoulders and between lanes from there to Exit 19/202 North/Phillipston. Visibility good.

Saw a sander at 495, another in Fitchburg, one in Templeton. Saw recent sanding in Phillipston but no trucks. Didn't see accidents, but twice saw tire tracks in a slide headed off the shoulder. At a more conservative than usual average of 55 mph I had no trouble. Untreated local roads were a bit slick, but nothing out of the ordinary.

NWS forecast has snow stopping at 9 pm tonight, with 1" total expected. Tomorrow is supposed to be partly cloudy, then clearing with highs in the 30's and 15-20 mph winds.

As of 6:30 am only 1/2 of the white stuff and the summit is free of cloud cover.

Hey guys,

Alpinista & I are really concerned about the road conditions (don't know what they're like in NH, but here in Mass., we have four inches, and slippery, unplowed roads as of right now.) So we're bailing on Saturday's trip. However, we are planning to head to Monadnock on Sunday instead. If anyone else is interested in rescheduling for Sunday, feel free to join us. We're planning to meet at the state park at 10 a.m.

-- Ivy

Think I'm going to avoid driving too. It's slick enough to have mne concerned, and I'm worried about people out driving for the first time in snow for the season.

I had 4 + inches in Watertown, MA as of 6:30 AM, :eek: and it finally stopped snowing around 10:00, although we are still plowing now. The roads in MA were very slick when driving in early this morning, although some salt/sanding operations were just starting on Rt 3and 128. NH seemed to not get much, only a 1/2" or less in Nashua. :) Enjoy Monadnock!!

Tony

Just to let you know, 11 showed, weather was beautiful, could see the Whites. Trails were a little icy, but all in all, a GREAT day.

We were on the road at 7:30 and 495 and 2 were ok. The roads were pretty good all the way.
Linda and I enjoyed meeting the folks who came. Hiker Bob,we had a great time coming down with you, and the pictures are great!

And there we were,all by ourselves in the group campsite! Where were all the campers for this gathering? :confused:

Thanks for all the good reports. The Albany group decided to chicken out due to driving conditions and from I've heard here and in PMs from others, was probably a good call for us. We are really sorry we missed meeting so many new folks and hope to see you again.
There is a Noonmark trip we're putting together in January in case anyone who sees this might like to sign up on that thread.

PB