"Monroe the Fox" the Summit Poseur

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Seaver

Reaction score
"Monroe the Fox" is being featured on "Picture of the Week" at Nature's Best Magazine.

Hopefully this won't go to his head, but if you see a immaculately groomed, rather proud looking Fox wearing Ralph Lauren shades in the Prezzies over the next week or so.... :cool:

Paparazzo Pete

great picture !

Excellent picture !
I wonder if our 'coyote' tracks that Mountain girl and I saw as we did the Northeren Presis last week of this fella (or foxy lady).
We often speculated if we would catch a glimpse of the unseen furry friend..
The tracks seemed to big for a fox but...that sure is one big beautiful fox !
I would say your picture solves the mystery nicely.
When did you get to see it ??

Monroe sauntered up to me from the Lake of the Clouds on a fine December day in 2003 - (s)he was probably looking for a handout, and seemed pretty accustomed to being close to humans. (S)he came quite close, and was only about 15-20' away when (s)he pulled off this "this is how they do it at the Westminster Dog Show" pose. You can read the whole story here

Tim Seaver said:
"Monroe the Fox" is being featured on "Picture of the Week" at

Tim, congratulations...
The most beautiful fox in the wilderness! :)

Very impressive! you seem like you were close enough to smell spruce grouse on his breath.

features_potw_winner_041105.jpg

Very nice, Congratulations !
Now if the darn things would stop screaming at night, we'd be all set !

I wonder if This is his/her brother/sister? Photo taken by Jim Salge on the summit of Mt Washington. In Tim's photo he/she looks a little more proud.

Funny thing...while at the Lake of the Clouds hut to day...on the East side (where the snow reaches onto the roof) there before the roof line was a perfectly round hole with a set of fox prints leading up to it...one way..on last nights dusting of snow up there.
First thing my friend said to me ..."So what's that a fox hole?" He pointed it out and it sure does look like one.
If only I had a camera. Then again I wouldn't no how to post the pictures, but it's there, plain as day, if anyone happens to be up there it's easy see.
Kind of humorous in such a location.

I think Monroe made another appearence. Today, I got the Subaru magazine Drive (it's a magazine published by Subaru, and I receive since I have an Outback). Anyway, on the cover is I think Monroe as the subject of this thread and there's an article in it about Mount Washington. So, fellow VFTT subaru owners, you might want to check it out!

http://www.drivesubaru.com/CurrentIssue.htm

jay

Wow, that fox gets around! But how come I see a picture of Clingman's Dome at Nature's Best?

- darren

ps: awesome shot as usual, Tim

darren said:
Wow, that fox gets around! But how come I see a picture of Clingman's Dome at Nature's Best?

The original post was 4-12-05. Took me a minute to figure that out too :D

Great photo though!!

Sorry, didn't want to create a new thread since I knew there were a bunch of Monroe threads before...

The original "picture of the week" as posted by Tim has obviously changed for others who may see the original post.

I wonder if Monroe drives a Subaru? :D

Jay

Oh....duh....I even looked at the date of his post and it says "4/12" and I must have thought it said "10/12" because I thought "gee, he posted it today, why doesn't the link work". Ok....have I told you that I'm on medication???? :eek:

- darren

Ok....have I told you that I'm on medication????

Umm, no, do you have enough to share? :D

Jay

If it keeps raining down here, I'm going to seriously be able to kayak to work.