Mooseland Grill Burned Down

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my nephew there in Oct after we attempted Washington on the Ammo after all that snow and blowdown (Remember ALL THAT SNOW in October !).
During the hike I was telling him we HAD to hike so we could reward ourselves with a Mooseland meal. My nephew was like "What's a Mooseland ?"
I hope they can rebuild and come back better than ever.

Sign says "Sold"

Drove by the former location of Mooseland and saw a sign saying "Sold".

Obviously its the property that was sold since nothing remains of Mooseland; its all gone and cleaned up.

Not sure who bought it and what their plans may be.

/John

Word on the street in Twin Mountain is that the new owners are planning to build a new restaurant on the site.

The planned name for the new establishment? Mooseland Grill of course. :)

I heard this from one of the store owners in town. Can't confirm it's for real.

GlennS

I've been looking at the site whenever I drive by, too, hoping for Mooseland II. I've noticed a small house down in back of where the original building was. Is that new? I had assumed that someone bought the land, put up a house, and there would be no more than that there.

I always said that I would have to check it out sometime, but then it burned down. So I'll say it again: I'll have to check it out sometime.

Note: I am returning from a self-imposed 2 week suspension due to my poor performance on the "Selfish Ego-Maniacs" thread. So I will be back with my usual insightful and well thought-through commentary from time to time.

Nope - that house has always been there - just blocked from view for the most part.

We'll ask around this weekend when we head to our trailer in Twin to see if the locals we know have any more information.

eruggles said:
I've been looking at the site whenever I drive by, too, hoping for Mooseland II. I've noticed a small house down in back of where the original building was. Is that new? I had assumed that someone bought the land, put up a house, and there would be no more than that there.

It would be good to see something new in the area. Myself and several others have all observed that the twin mountain strip is looking particularly down in the dumps in the last year or so. Nothing specific but it just looks like its not real prosperous.

You are so right. Several businesses are closed and vacant. Sort of amazing that right now there are 20 homes for sale between $350,000 to $1,000,000!! Most of the new homes being built are in the $500,000 range.

It will be interesting to see if any new establishment is geared towards hikers and snowmobiles ($), or to the folks moving into the area ($$$)

peakbagger said:
Myself and several others have all observed that the twin mountain strip is looking particularly down in the dumps in the last year or so. Nothing specific but it just looks like its not real prosperous.

Speaking of Twin Mountain not looking so prosperous these days: Does anyone know what the clear cut and what looks like earth removal is at the junction of 302 and 3 in Twin Mountain, behind the little gazebo on the hill?

Local newspapers are reporting that the former owners (Damerons) have sold the Mooseland Grill site to the Eames Family Partnership of Littleton NH, an investor in the MW Hotel. On the record, Eames is not saying what will happen with the site and that it might be a year or so before a decision is made.

Waumbek said:
Local newspapers are reporting that the former owners (Damerons) have sold the Mooseland Grill site to the Eames Family Partnership of Littleton NH, an investor in the MW Hotel. On the record, Eames is not saying what will happen with the site and that it might be a year or so before a decision is made.

An ominous sign that it could be some snooty-patootie "fine dining establishment". :eek:

Artex said:
An ominous sign that it could be some snooty-patootie "fine dining establishment". :eek:

Sounds good to me....as long as they like the "Odiferous Ambiance" of properly prepared polypropylene. :D

eruggles said:
Speaking of Twin Mountain not looking so prosperous these days: Does anyone know what the clear cut and what looks like earth removal is at the junction of 302 and 3 in Twin Mountain, behind the little gazebo on the hill?

A long-time sand and gravel operation, but once the water table is reached, the resource is played out, so the site will likely be reclaimed for development.