Mount Adams (WA; 12,276) Via Mazama Glacier Route; Part 1

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giggy, good job, man... many, many thanks for organizing this whole trip and letting me into the cool club :D
It was really amazing out there and we couldn't have a better group of people. A real pleasure sharing the last week 1/2 with you guys.
I'll post trip pics sometime and maybe a baker trip report inside this thread.

Cheers!!
-Doug

ps- I think I might just have to move to WA... for real

Great trip with really great friends !! Thanks for a wonderful vacation !

Giggy, you did an awesome job pulling this together and organizing everything. Thanks for including me.

And, thanks to arm who stayed and waited to pick me up at the airport so I could join everyone at basecamp on Adams. What a whirlwind way to start the trip.

And, of course, thanks to Doug for leading the team up both Adams and Baker! oh, and then putting us on belay and leading us into a huge crevasse, but that's a another story. Pics to follow on that one!

Mostly, thanks to everyone for makiing the trip fun and safe!!

You guys rock!

skimom said:
And, thanks to arm who stayed and waited to pick me up at the airport so I could join everyone at basecamp on Adams. What a whirlwind way to start the trip.
Arriving late on Monday, hiking in through that great approach on Tuesday, arriving around 6:30pm, getting up at 12:30am and going for 12K ft without any prior acclimatization without any problems and unphased!... I was impressed. I was really glad you guys could make it and was excited when I heard you coming into camp.
skimom said:
And, of course, thanks to Doug for leading the team up both Adams and Baker! oh, and then putting us on belay and leading us into a huge crevasse, but that's a another story. Pics to follow on that one!
We had a great team for both mountains, I had a blast and am glad you guys "bought" into checking out some crevasses up close and personal :D
I really can't wait to see everyone's pics, especially the summit pic on Adams.

What an awesome trip you guys have there. Congratulation to all your achievement! Too bad we didn't have the chance to hang up on Saturday, I was meeting Tom in Bellevue. Can't wait to read the Hood and Baker reports.

Ok, here are some choice pics:

Pre trip
View of Adams from the plane

Hanging out with Arm checking out the 20+ Hood River Kite Boarders

Road to Hood

Mt Hood on the drive up to Timberline Lodge

Red room

Fearless lead... organizer :D

Group hanging out at the top of the lift

Going up da Hood

Jeff, Ross, and I Hood summit shot!

A bunch of tools

Rimed up VFTT wand

Road to Adams
Group shot at Bird Creak Meadows trailhead (minus Arm and Dani who came in next day)

The approach under f****n' socked in Adams

Woddy, Alan and Al going up the sweet snow with Hood in the back

Nighttime camp with Hood and the moon

Rest day- Goooooooooood Moooooooooorning Mount Adams!!

On the Kittycat with Jeff, Giggy and Jenn

Klikitat headwall/ice fall

These holes in the ground were everywhere!! ;)

Excellent view of Sunrise camp with the Mazama in front, the Klickitat to the right with the Castle, and the summit up high.

Goat on rock and Hood (view full size for goat)

Our team (Dani, Ross, Arm, I) gearing up at night.

Arm, Ross, Dani and I up high on the Mazama.... lookin good

Ross hamming it up on the summit!!!

Celebration at "Hung Far Low". Yeah, that's right.

There are maaaaaany pictures below (364!!)
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559767022VsDlEv

So for reference:
-Hood pictures are from pg 2 to pg 4.
-Adams pics are from pg 5 to mid pg 15
-Ape Caves (Lava tubes) around Mt Saint Helens are from mid pg 15 to pg 17
-Multnomah falls (OR) pg 18
-Baker pics from pg 19 to top of pg 30
-30-31 are from downtown Seattle, Banana slugs, rock climbing at Exit 38, and views of the Olympics/Northern Cascades/Baker from the plane.

Last edited:
Wow!!

great pics - great TR's!! :D :) So glad you all had an awesome time and everyone arrived home safely!

thanks so much for welcoming me to gully climb with the group this past winter/spring - I think it will help a lot on Blanc.

I just met up with Jenn to borrow the pack she used out west - nice!

Hanna

Hanna, watch out... you might catch the Alpine bug - it runs rampant in the Alps ;)

Gosh, I go away for 2 weeks and absolutely everyone has done some kind of fabulous climbing out West . . . from volcanoes to Rainier to Denali . . . wow . . . Well, it will takes me days to catch up on everyone's trip reports and all the details, but congrats to all of you for pulling off some amazing trips. I am looking forward to reading all the trip reports and seeing the pictures.

sli74

And we are all looking forward to seeing yours ..... your pictures I mean :p

Welcome Back Seema... you were missed!