Mount Rainier - Disappointment Cleaver was NOT a disappointment this time around

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the hell did I miss this Trip Report. :eek:

Your joy and happiness came shining clearly through your words. I am so happy for you. Congratulations to all three. Funny, but as remembered back to your report last year, I recall thinking (to myself) "No worries, knowing her, she'll be back with renewed vigor and will no doupt bag that one."

Glad I was right ;)

No kidding, great job and as always, Frodo's the man.

Okay, I finally sorted through the hundreds of pictures and put about a 150 of them up on my webshots page. Browse them if you have time. I hope you enjoy them.

http://community.webshots.com/album/552244602nYILuX

Oh, and BTW, our camera was acting up because of the winds and the cold on the summit, that is why the only summit pictures are on Frodo's webpage and on our film camera, which has yet to be developed.

sli74

Last edited:
Great pictures and congratulations on your climb. Doesn't looking at Little Tahoma make you want to climb it and take a trampolene to the top :D ?

Congratulations while you were doing Rainier around the 4th I got to pack two cars, two kayaks & two kids for two weeks at the Jersey Shore, elevation approximately 10 feet.

Glad to see & hear you went back & got to the top with your improvised on the fly plan.

Awesome awesome pictures! Thank you for taking us on a virtual Rainier climb. I found myself gasping for air just by sitting in front of the computer looking at the pictures, not because of the altitude effect this time :p , but the breath taking views and challenges along the way.

Awesome, this is very inspiring.
p/s: I've recently read your previous attempt, what an amazing soul you're.

Just finished having coffee and enjoying the slide show. Great trip report and beautiful pics. You all accomplished something wonderful that will live on in your minds and hearts forever. "Good times" and thanks for sharing.

Spencer, I LOVE your avatar . . . :D :D :D

BTW, Thanks everyone for all the kind words. It was indeed an amazing trip. I even shed a couple of tears of joy at the top. I had a few people email me asking me about my trip report from last year cause they couldn't find it . . . so here is a link to that for anyone interested . . . it is still buried in the archives.
http://www.vftt.org/forums/showpost.php?p=91167&postcount=6

sli74