Mount Rainier - Disappointment Cleaver was NOT a disappointment this time around

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did it...you did it..you did it!!!!
Congrats to all of you. Nice trip report Seema.
Thanks.

Frodo just broke the news to me. You and Brian were the guests he has been covering up for some time before the trip. I'm glad it was you two! Great job of living up to your auto signature!

Why are there tears in my eyes? Remembering you trip (and tears) from last year it is so nice to see you return and accomplish a dream. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

What a wonderful surprise! Congratulations Seema, Brian and Frodo! Well done!

Aren't there easier ways to rehab?

Congratulations to all. Quite an accomplishment, coming off a serious leg injury.

Seema, Brian, Froto, Congratulations on another hike well done.

Great job...Seema and all...way to go! :)

Seema... I knew you would persevere and get back there to conquer that mountain. I am so proud and happy for you. I think back to your disappointment last year when we sat together on the rocks at Muir and now sitting here and reading of your success, I have tears in my eyes.

Truly a wonderful accomplishment for you.... and not just Rainier, but the whole trip as well.

Congrats to you, Brian and Frodo... and thanks for the great TR! It brought back some really great memories.

Tell me, did you take the little packet out before pouring in the hot water, or did you just go ahead and leave it in as is customary?

Oh yeah, and did any one of you find my missing ... ah .... you know ... personal item ? :eek:

Reactions: arm
skimom said:
I think back to your disappointment last year when we sat together on the rocks at Muir

I also thought about you and what a wonderful support you were that afternoon. In the midst of your celebration last year you had the time and compassion to comfort me, that speaks of your genuine friendship and it was in the forefront of my memories as I sat at that same spot covered by a few feet of snow this year.

skimom said:
Tell me, did you take the little packet out before pouring in the hot water, or did you just go ahead and leave it in as is customary?

I DID . . . I actually remembered EVERY single time this year. Brian would keep forgetting and I would keep catching him before the water actually got poured . . . are you proud of me? :D

skimom said:
Oh yeah, and did any one of you find my missing ... ah .... you know ... personal item ? :eek:

Didn't Arm steal that, have it bronzed and placed on his mantle as a souvenier? I swear he looked so guilty, I would have bet money he stole you "personal item" :D :D

I did warn Brian to keep track of all this personal bags and not to misplace them :) He heeded my advice. :D :D

sli74

Harry just emailed me and told me that you made it and to check out your report!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I bet you feel so excited and happy that you made it. I knew you could. Maybe some day we'll attempt it but after reading about the jump you had to make, I'm not so sure. I don't care for heights when there is nothing below me. :p

Waaaaay to go - you have got some serious drive girl! Seems like yesterday i read your TR from last year and thought "wow she's majorly bummed!" Always a great feeling to accomplish something that previously thwarted ya ain't it? And you were smarter than you'll ever know to try it again so soon. Ya get old & tied down like us geezers and it gets really hard to break loose and do something cool like that. Where are the pics? I'll look again.

Edit - OK, duh, i found the link to Robert's pics. Now where is the pic of the crevass you got stuck on - THAT'S the one i wanna see!!! :eek: