Mt St. Helens 8/5/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
A day after everybody got off the mountain and after the celebratory dinner at a TGIF's, TMax, Daxs, and I went about 2.5 hours south of Tacoma, WA to do a dayhike at Mount St. Helen's National Volcanic Monument on friday, August 5th.

I took a bunch of photos that I thought you folks would enjoy. Many of the trails and the crater rim itself would be off limits to the increased volcanic activity since May or so so there were a bunch of trails that we could not do. What we could hike to was Harry's viewpoint. Harry, in honor of the last person on the mountain being Harry Truman, the 83 year old owner of the Mt St. Helen's Lodge (not the US President of the same name) and who was presumably killed by the eruption.

Webshot's Link

Anyway, it was a very pretty hike on a nice day. We ran into a lot of wildflowers, from Lupines to Indian Paintbrushes to Wild Strawberries (very good), Golden Rasperries (slightly sour), and Huckleberries (sour!).

Views and company were great and we had a good time there.

I did one panoramic of Spirit Lake with Mt Adams in the background:

Spirit Lake Pano

Jay

P.S. Now to go post my pictures from Wrangell St Elias...