My First VFTT Decal Sighting

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What percentage of us drive Toyotas?

Frodo said:
I have a silver 4Runner (also a Toyota)

My black Tacoma has a VFTT sticker on it (but my wife's 4Runner does not). I just think it's quite interesting that so many of us seem to drive Toyotas! I'm on my 2nd, my first was purchase in 1992.

Subarus, in particular Outbacks, are the most prevalent VFTT'er vehicle, I do believe, based on past discussions, and well, just look at any trailhead!
:)

Doc,

That was my green pickup. Unfortunately, someone hit my cap in the parking lot and shattered the back glass door on the cap (and they didn't leave a note with their information). It was cheaper for me to buy a whole new cap on eBay than to replace the back window so I'll have to get to work replacing all my stickers.

John

From Doc's post:

"I parked next to a green pick-up w/cap in hannaford in wilton ny about an hour ago that was sporting a vftt sticker. next to his 46er and Binghampton State stickers. There was also a river guide plaque hanging so my guess is it was probably Johnnycakes?"

I have my VFTT sticker proudly displayed on the back window of my black pickup truck but as far as I know, no VFTTer has ever seen it. Nor have I ever seen anyone else's sticker.

I guess I gotta get out more....

Ever since I joined this site, I've been looking for other VFTT stickers. I have not yet seen one (even when I knew other members were hiking in the same spot). I doubt anyone has seen my stickers(2 of them, side window & bumper- green ford taurus). But I will keep looking and it's going to be pretty damn exciting when I finally do spot one. :D

Ive only seen 1 VFTT sticker and it was on a pickup at Lincoln woodz that belonged to a ranger. Mine is on a red Cherokee so honk or wave(one or five fin ger. Its your choice) :D

Explorer north of Portland

I was driving up to Baxter State Park on Friday, 8/4/06, on I-95 just north of Portland when I passed a relatively new Ford Explorer ( brownish color) with Maine plates. It had a VFTT sticker on the right side of the back window. I beeped my horn at the guy driving as I passed him, but I don't think I got any reaction. I just thought I'd let you know who the crazy person in the black Escape beeping the horn at you was! :D

Woody

As stated in my trip report, my wife and were driving on I-89 in Vermont on Saturday, August 5. We spied a Subaru with a VFTT sticker, loaded with hikers. Having a VFTT polypro shirt within reach, I asked my wife to pull alongside the Subaru. I then pressed the shirt against the window, to their apparent amusement. Subaru, please identify yourself!! :D

Marty

sticker

OK
Who was parked at the Irving in New Hampton on Saturday morning around 7:30 am. I saw the car with the VFTT sticker in the rear side window and when I came out it was gone. I was on my way to Ammo / Jewell loop.

Maybe next time.

Please print more stickers so we can all have one on our cars. Who does the ordering and how much? Do you need money in advance to help get this going. If you need help PM me-I'd be glad to help.

Woody48 said:
I was driving up to Baxter State Park on Friday, 8/4/06, on I-95 just north of Portland when I passed a relatively new Ford Explorer ( brownish color) with Maine plates. It had a VFTT sticker on the right side of the back window. I beeped my horn at the guy driving as I passed him, but I don't think I got any reaction. I just thought I'd let you know who the crazy person in the black Escape beeping the horn at you was! :D

Woody

That was me, Woody, heading up to Bearly Live '06. If you think back, you may remember that the back was full of stuff, mostly musical. No reaction because I was probably singing along with the stereo at the top of my lungs and never heard you!

Do you have a sticker on yours? I should at least have been able to SEE, even if I couldn't HEAR! :D

skibones said:
Please print more stickers so we can all have one on our cars. Who does the ordering and how much? Do you need money in advance to help get this going. If you need help PM me-I'd be glad to help.

As I recall, there were plenty of these (hundreds) when originally printed and Darren's deal was that new "patches" weren't going to be funded until the "stickers" were gone to help fund the downpayment for patches.

I tried the previously posted link and looked on the title page and didn't find anything. I have a new car that's needs one... but I think I have some extras hanging around. Note to self...

BTW, I've seen several and have seen plenty if you count gatherings!!!

Mad Townie

Mad Townie,

The loud tunes would explain the non-reaction when I pounded on my horn. :D I do have a VFTT sticker on the right side of my back window as well. I tried to stay close in front of you in the lane to your left for at least a few moments but when it appeared you didn't notice I resumed my slightly above the speed limit pace and headed off of Katahdin! I hope you all had a great time at the gathering. It was a fantastic weekend! Maybe we'll meet on the trail some time!

Woody

I was driving up 91 in Vermont yesterday morning and a dark red pickup passed my dark blue van, and beeped at me. Thought I was doing something wrong until I saw the driver giving me a thumbs up and the VFTT sticker on the back window of the truck. My 1st on the road sighting, but I was the one that got sighted. :)

Toyotas

"What percentage of us drive Toyotas? "

Cantdog and I drive drive Scion xBs which are made by Toyota. I think Honda Elements are probably pretty popular with this group too.

Hi Homer,

I was driving my daughter and 4 other 13 yr old girls to a school overnight at their teacher's camp in Peacham. That's why I was a little slow to react and had that dear in the headlights look. Thanks for identifying yourself!!

Just had to revive this oldie but goodie: I saw a Nissan Maxima with NH plates tonight with a VFTT bumper sticker on the left rear windshield, as well as one with the Old Man of the Mt. on the right. It was on I-95 in Boxford, MA around 5:55 pm.

Being overly excited, I gave a thumbs up and a "V" sign to the male driver. He probably thought correctly that I was a total idiot, but did send me a "V" back. I thought about yelling "Alligator Egg", but I doubt that would work going 70 mph. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this made my day. :)
Marty