Newspaper Article about one of our members

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dawn,
We haven't met yet (I don't think), but best of wishes on your Journey. PM me for my email/telephone and when you get in PA next June, Ill be glad to help you out in any way I can - Zero day errands, slackpacking or a shuttle to somewhere.
Rick (AKA "Toolshed" 17.6% AT Section hiker)

Ha!Ha! - LOL! The "who needs drugs if you have hiking" quote made me laugh out so loud so hard it made my day (seeing as to how it was a quote from one of the views and BREWS sponsors... :D)

Good luck, and let me know when you're in the area.

Do it up! (and down, and up, and down...) :)

Dawn ...so nice to have met you after the Mt Nancy hike.
Remember to look me and Mtnpa up when you reach NH.
I'll cook you a gourmet meal and drive you where ever
you need to go.
Good luck with your hike. Keep us posted!!!!

Great article! Thanks for posting it :)

Dawn, best of luck on the AT! Enjoy it! I know that you'll definitely have many moments out there when you realize that "this is why I'm out here." Happy Hiking :D

Thanks everyone and thanks Ian for posting the article Ian. I'm really excited. I hope I make it all the way. I am so fortunate to have so many friends. I look forward to seeing many of you along the way. Be careful what you offer!!! I'll post here once I have determined what I'll use for keeping everyone updated. I haven't decided whether I will use my own site or trailjournals.com or maybe a combination (brief summary on trailjournals and my own site for blogging and pictures). I can't wait!! The countdown is until I leave my house to go catch the plane. I expect to be on the trail about 29-30 hours later.

4 months, 21 days, 14 hours, 48 minutes, 18...17...16...15....14...13...

Dawn,
Same offer as Rick's, only for NJ! :D Sent you a PM.
Will be glad to help anyway we can.

Rob

Dawn, best of luck! I have no doubt you will make it all the way. Enjoy the journey and be safe. God Speed.
Phil

My sympathies and my congratulations! You are gonna seriously kick on the AT and I wish you all the best. Expect some trail magic when you come through Vermont! :)

So sorry about your brother...sometimes there are just no words.

I admire you for taking time off to complete the trail, its a goal of mine to complete a long distance trail but am not sure if I'd do the AT or pick one out west.

That said, PLEASE put me down in your trail phone book! I will be living very close to Gifford Woods in Vermont when you come through next summer and would be very honored to help you resupply and set you up with a washer and dryer and a zero day or two!

Sabrina