North Dome and Sherrill - A confession

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody mentioned a check, it's either Tartar Sauce or Cole Slaw. :D

Hey, it's an elite club, which means out of 2 members, the funds are quite low! :p :D

Jay

Now wait a minute - that sounds like the winners provide the funds??? :eek::mad: I'm not so sure I appreciate this honor.

Since my nickname is The Czarina, I guess I take the Tartar Sauce:D

A good solution for side-hilling would be adjustable leg lengths, ala trekking poles.

My advice re: completing the 35: Hike Fir this fall, wait until winter, hike Blackhead, then finish on Doubletop either in winter or early spring. That way you don't have to "finish" on a peak you already hiked (Blackhead). Plus, Fir>Big Indian>Doubletop would be a pretty big day for late fall. Not ridiculous, but a big day. On the other hand, leaves down make navigation easier. But then on the other hand (I think that's three hands now), hiking just Doubletop alone allows you to try the Seager approach, which is nicer, IMO.

Maybe you should just disregard all of this...

Matt

P.S. Go with the tartar sauce.

You sound like you might be handy to have along (stop groaning) - wanna join us for any of this nonsense?

Possibly. For the rest of fall, I probably won't be in the Catskills as much; I have a hankering for some Hudson River hiking and will be also trying to squeeze in a little more cycling on the reasonably warm days. But come winter, I might be up for some Catskill stuff. Another winter climb of Blackhead might be fun, or Doubletop from Seager, if you were so inclined. That approach to Doubletop offers a little view (if you can find it), especially in winter.

Matt