Northeast Stunned by freak January Snowfall

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're just starting to dig out here in Syracuse. There's a layer of slush up to 1/2" deep on approximately 50% of my street while my driveway has drifts approaching 3-4" in depth. Driving is hazardous to say the least.
My usual commute of 11 minutes took me 14 minutes to complete the other day.
We're going to come through this ok, though.

So true, so true...
Burlington is under about 3 inches of snowpack. The other day I pulled out this contraption from the last generation. It has a wood shaft and a large square base that is curved. I was told that people in the last milennium used it to remove snow from their driveways. It is called a "shovel". It took a while, but i got the hang of it, and the driveway was clear in a matter of minutes.

I was so confused by this accumulation of white "stuff" on the ground, that I phoned the local religious authorities to confirm or deny if this indeed was Armageddon. I am glad to report that I received my official "countdown" calendar and will soon be repenting my many sins.

Tuesday we headed north to go skiing at Waterville. On 93 in Derry there was a 15-car pileup on the southbound side during a nasty little squall. However, we spent a bluebird day skiing some pretty good mostly artificial snow. I'll take what I can get.

Guess it was a coastal storm--sounds like we have more snow here on the Maine coast than there is in interior NH or VT. Ouch.

Mad Townie said:
Guess it was a coastal storm--sounds like we have more snow here on the Maine coast than there is in interior NH or VT. Ouch.

:) Yeah yeah yeah, rub it in. Chances are when we all get real snow, Lebanon will keep it longer. If we ever get real snow.

I'm doing the snow dance right now.

grouseking

Hey! At least it's cold and we get to keep what we got!

Go ahead, call me a Pollyanna!