Oct 19/20/21 - Northeast Hike/?Climb?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percious

Reaction score
Looking for interested hiking partner for the weekend of October 19th. I am fairly flexible as I am about 1/2 way through the 115. I'm even willing to cook you dinner! Most of the time I crash-out in the back country, but sometimes I will grab a night at a hostel if that makes sense. I am willing to car-pool if it makes sense to do so.

Possible Itinerarys:

1 - For those who love U.W.
Th: Drive up, crash out.
F: Santanoni's
S: Allen
S: Climbing at the Beer Wall. ~OR~ (any or all of) Dial, Colvin, Nippletop (Blake if you must). (beer to follow?)

(No technical climbing experience is required. I am an AMGA Top Rope Site Manager with a Wilderness First Aid Cert as well. Just tell me your shoe size if you want to go that route!)

2 - For those needing Dix's
F: Dix Range Via Grace Slide (full packs)
S: (any or all of) Dial, Colvin, Nippletop.
S: Climbing

3 - For the ?Bostonian? wanna-be 48er
F-S: "The Bonds as a Backpack"
Su: Climbing at WhiteHorse/Cathedral, ~or~ Mount Jackson, Carrigain, or the Twins

I am willing to trail run parts if you want, or go at a slower pace if that is your game. This is a peak-bagging trip, but I've no pension for rushing.

-percious

Last edited:
Chris, this is looking pretty appetizing :D

I like the mixture of hiking and climbing as I was thinking of Catskilling and Gunking this weekend.

But since your trip involves taking days off (and my sis' b-day is on the 24th) I'll have to check on that first to see the feasibility and get back to this thread. If anything, I might even be up for joining in any part of that.

-Doug

Ok.

Looks like I'm heading out solo, but if anyone has the urge to join in last minute just drop me a line. I've settled on hiking The Bonds, with a stay friday and saturday night at Guyot.

How feasable is it to hike to the TH of Zealand from the TH for the twins? I might go out that way.

-percious

percious said:
Ok.

Looks like I'm heading out solo, but if anyone has the urge to join in last minute just drop me a line. I've settled on hiking The Bonds, with a stay friday and saturday night at Guyot.

How feasable is it to hike to the TH of Zealand from the TH for the twins? I might go out that way.

-percious

it would probably suck if you didn't hitch a ride.

what you could do is hike the firewarden trail (old trail) up hale after coming down n twin and this could get you back to zealand. If your interested - give a search here, there is plenty of info on it. The issue is you come all the way down n twin and going back up hale - you can then go down to hale TH and walk to zealand - or take the lend a hand back to zealand. I recently did a hale zealand twins traverse and I can't say I would have been into going back up hale after coming down n twin. But if you doing it in 2 days, it might be more 'attractive".

Hey,

Just a quick note to let those who are interested know that I made it out safely. I'll be posting a TR in the appropriate section after I get this mess cleaned up!

-percious