Parking for Galehead and Twins?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sli74

Reaction score
H: Brighton, MA, Avatar :Brian and I at the 2005 S
I am feeling too lazy to search for the following info so I figured I would do the next best thing and ask . . . :D

Anyone know the latest info on parking availability for any of the following trails? Gale River, North Twin or Garfield? We would like to do some or all of those peaks and are wondering what the best parking options are. Thank you in advance.

sli74

Here's how I've approached each of said hikes in the past two months.

Garfield Trail - parked at Trudeau Road/US3 junction (small plowed area) and walked west to Gale River Road, across snowbridges and to the Garfield Trail.

Gale River Trail - parked at Beaver Brook XC Ski Area (WMNF fee parking area), signs leading one through the XC ski network to the Gale River Trail trailhead.

North Twin Trail - parked at 7 Dwarfs Motel (as bikehikecurlluge said), used 7 Dwarfs Bridge, snowmobile trail, then short road walk to get to summer trailhead.

I have approximate maps of each approach in my trip reports on my site.

Thanks everyone for all the quick responses. We are not really sure what exactly we are doing but an ambitious plan was to do a loop over Twins, Galehead and Garfield . . . camping somewhere overnight. A less ambitious goal would be to do Twins and Galehead, either as a loop or as an out an back. The second plan seems more likely.

What is that road walk like, if we have only one car. If I remember correctly, there is fast traffic without much of a shoulder? Anyone done this road walk?

sli74

What is that road walk like, if we have only one car. If I remember correctly, there is fast traffic without much of a shoulder? Anyone done this road walk?

There's a fairly generous shoulder near the Trudeau Road area.

Car Spot

If you need help with a car spot, so you do not have to retrace your steps or do a loop back. I could help, I live less than 5 miles from the 5 Corners (Trudeau road and Gale river road intersection).