Pemi loop

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between 15 and 16 hours for me (including W Bond & Galehead I think) CCwise a couple years ago...

Liberty->Lincoln Woods a complete, unrelenting downpour :(

At that point, I decided that if it's NOT fun, I'm not doing it...

.....not doing it again!!!!!

The "Pemi" is a region, the "Pemi Loop" is a specific route (made specific by usage).

Counter example: Becca and I skied a "Pemi lollipop" (Lincoln Woods > Thoreau Falls Tr > Shoal Pond Tr > Lincoln Woods) which used none of the trails of the Pemi Loop.

Doug

Wouldn't one use the Lincoln Woods Tr for a Pemi Loop?

What do you think?

4_07_02_14_1_09_54.jpeg

Thanks Tim for the tracks. (My Garmin forerunners Batteries died at Garfield Pond when I tried to make my own)

Depends if the wilderness trail bridge was still open when they did it. Now one probably will stay on the Pemi East Side trail to do that lollipop loop.

What do you think?

4_07_02_14_1_09_54.jpeg

Very busy

drop the "lollipop stick", stretch the loop out to replace the oval, and drop the PEMI LOOP Text and whatever text is under it

OR

drop the "lollipop stick", stretch the loop out to replace the oval, and drop mileage, increase font of PEMI LOOP and delete whatever delete text is under

OR

drop the "lollipop stick", stretch the loop out to replace the oval, and drop mileage, increase font of PEMI and delete LOOP and whatever text is under

OR

OVAL and 31.5

OR

OVAL and PEMI

OR

Oval and PEMI LOOP [one over the other?]

Post them and have a VFTT poll ?

The "Pemi" is a region, the "Pemi Loop" is a specific route (made specific by usage).

Counter example: Becca and I skied a "Pemi lollipop" (Lincoln Woods > Thoreau Falls Tr > Shoal Pond Tr > Lincoln Woods) which used none of the trails of the Pemi Loop.

Doug

Wouldn't one use the Lincoln Woods Tr for a Pemi Loop?

Not since the bridge over the Pemi (river) was removed... Becca and I used the East Side Tr from Lincoln Woods in 2011. When I did the lollipop in 2002, I used the Lincoln Woods Tr. from LW (using the bridge).

To confuse things one step more, there is the "Pemi Traverse" (ski route from Zealand Road to Lincoln woods). There are two variations: via Shoal Pond Tr or via Thoreau Falls Tr. One could also argue that there is a high level hiking traverse over the Bonds.

Doug

Last edited:
I know well what the Pemi Loop consists of. I've done it twice as a two day hike with a stay at Galehead Hut. Maybe one day I will give it a shot in a single day. Also did a mini loop once over the Bonds, S Twin, Galehead, then returned to LW via Twin Brook and Franconia Brook Tr. The confusion was that I thought Doug Paul said he used the LW Tr for his ski loop but in fact (after rereading his post) it looks like he just started there and did not mention the East Side Tr. My bad.

I know well what the Pemi Loop consists of. I've done it twice as a two day hike with a stay at Galehead Hut. Maybe one day I will give it a shot in a single day. Also did a mini loop once over the Bonds, S Twin, Galehead, then returned to LW via Twin Brook and Franconia Brook Tr. The confusion was that I thought Doug Paul said he used the LW Tr for his ski loop but in fact (after rereading his post) it looks like he just started there and did not mention the East Side Tr. My bad.
No problem. Back in the good old days (ie when the bridge was still in place) one could approach using either the LW Tr or the East Side Tr. (The LW was faster and had no stream crossings.)

Doug

Very busy

drop the "lollipop stick", stretch the loop out to replace the oval, and drop the PEMI LOOP Text and whatever text is under it

OR

drop the "lollipop stick", stretch the loop out to replace the oval, and drop mileage, increase font of PEMI LOOP and delete whatever delete text is under

OR

drop the "lollipop stick", stretch the loop out to replace the oval, and drop mileage, increase font of PEMI and delete LOOP and whatever text is under

OR

OVAL and 31.5

OR

OVAL and PEMI

OR

Oval and PEMI LOOP [one over the other?]

Post them and have a VFTT poll ?
The text under pemi loop is for my website. Part of my making this is to have something with my blogs domain name on it I can give out. I often meet people on the trail and they have to get creative trying to find a way to write down my website name to look up later.
I forget, is the lollipop stick part of the 31.5 mileage?

Yes, it is 2.8 miles of the 31.5 total.

I know the aesthetics of it are not great, but since it is very much part of the most recognized route the lollipop stick stays. I think this is my final design, I like it much better than what I originally had in mind thanks to the input of from this forum. Thanks!
4_08_02_14_9_26_20.png