Petersburg Pass, Saturday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
Saturday mornng (5/20) I will be heading east to Petersburg Pass, on NY/MA Rt. 2 between Troy, NY and Williamstown , MA. If the weather cooperates, I'll climb to the summit of Mt. Raimer south of the parking area at the height of land in the pass. Starting time will be about 9:00-9:30. This is a very short hike and I've never done it but am hoping there are some views from the summit. Anyone interested in joining in is welcome.

After the hike I'll head into Massachusetts and scout out campgrounds in the area for Gathering 9.0.

Then it'll be off to Boston for a bike ride Sunday. If you've read this far, this is the Brain Tumor Society's Ride for Research, I'll be riding with Darren's Team Views From The Top. Remember, it's not too late to donate to this worthy cause and support Darren in his fundraising. Just see his "sticky" in the Q&A forum.

teejay

First human to eat an abalone?

Teejay, I always wonder what made the first person dare to eat an oyster, an artichoke, an abalone or a rognon, but I wouldn't have been that guy. But I was wondering if someone knew the answer.
What? You wanted a trail/cell report?

There's not an outhouse there and too many people use PP to use the woods.
If you don't mind using your car as a bathroom, I'd say its a perfectly good place to spend the evening. ;)

jjmcgo said:
Teejay, I always wonder what made the first person dare to eat an oyster, an artichoke, an abalone or a rognon, but I wouldn't have been that guy. But I was wondering if someone knew the answer.
What? You wanted a trail/cell report?
OK, we learned about poutine from Pete Hickey. What's a rognon?

Perhaps you could plan a TCT end-to-end for the gathering. This event is sponsored regularly by the Taconic Hiking Club. They issue a patch for completing the 29 miles, but I believe only during their sponsored events. Perhaps something could be coordinated with them. I did it a few years back. There are some nice spots on the trail. Berlin Mountain has 360 degree views (and therefore on the viewsandbrews list!). Here is a link:

http://www.adksportsfitness.com/news/120305.html