YOUR WEBSITE DUES are DUE! -- A Must Read --

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in. However, don't think that I have backed off my stance that "It's all about me"

The Dues Drive is near the final Goal

What progress in such a short time!!

We only have 14% to go and we'll top off with what I believe to be the largest fund drive for this website. It will only take a few donations from several members to get us to the (modified) goal of $3,000.

Can you believe it?? $3K - this site ROCKS. Email your friends and partners. We should be able to put this to rest by the end of the week!!

If you want to see who has donated, follow the link and check out the banner displayed on the page. Very impressive...

bubba said:
We only have 14% to go and we'll top off with what I believe to be the largest fund drive for this website. It will only take a few donations from several members to get us to the (modified) goal of $3,000.

First off, big thanks to everyone that has donated so far! I appreciate it very much.

Bubba - you are little off...and so is our fund raising.... In 2004 Team VFTT raised $5,000 for BTS and in 2005 Team VFTT raised $7,000 for BTS via the Ride for Research. Plus in 2005 the Escape the Escarpment hike that was organized by JayH raised another $3,000 for BTS. So in 2005 VFTT rasied $10,000 for the Brain Tumor Society. That was our banner year! The difference I guess is that one virtual rider depends on site readers to raise money. But when we have a team of riders and hikers doing the event then those people hit up their family, friends, and coworkers for donations too. So a lot of donations come from people outside of the site.

The big number is that since 2002 Views From The Top readers have raised and donated around $30,000 to the Brain Tumor Society. My hats off to everyone involved.

Aloha

Darren

darren said:
Bubba - you are little off...and so is our fund raising....
Darren
You sound like my mother!! :eek:

Thanks for the clarification Darren. Those are really outstanding numbers. I guess I was thinking that the $3000 goal was large with only an online membership focus. As you said, once you are part of a team of fundraisers with your own sponsors - the dollars add up.

However, here's the good news. I believe we have approximately 65 donors so far and are at 94% of the current goal. I find it magical in that we have only been looking for dues for a week and can hit numbers like this. Nice stuff all around. :cool:

And, seeing how I've donned the hat, let me once again appeal to all of those other members who are considering the personal benefits of this website... and the cause to find a cure for brain tumors... won't you please follow the link in the original post and donate a few dollars. Its fast and you'll feel great after you do it! :D

Ooops, maybe I didn't say it well enough, so to try to avoid soundling like a parent that complains when you get an A that you should have gotten an A+ I'll try to be more clear.

Yes, our total numbers this year are down from past years, but it is certainly due to the fact that we are relying on just us and we are not hitting up the rest of the free world for donations. Based on that limitation, and the fact that the site members have contributed so much in such a short period of time, the readers (and certainly Bubba) get an A+ in my book.

Mahalo nui.
Pooches gracias.

Aloha

Darren

darren said:
Ooops, maybe I didn't say it well enough, so to try to avoid soundling like a parent... Darren
I was playing with you... Like my mother said "bubba, you're a little off!"

She wouldn't be the only one to say that, ya know! :D I have a reputation to preserve. Being a "little off" is a good thing!!

Hey, I just checked the total and we're all but there. No more raising the bar, but I hope many more continue to donate. Race day isn't until the 18th and we should be able to spill over with plenty by then.

Great giving from everyone. I have NO ownership to any off this. I'm just helping out, and appreciate everyone jumping in and caring. This post has stayed on top for many days... that's a tribute in itself.

Carmel said:
We still need $14! :)

It's covered, lol! :)

Once again..... thanks to Darren for this amazing website! I have met so many good people over the past 5 years or so and had so many great times because of VFTT..... I can't ever thank you enough.... hope to see you in Maine this summer at SK's big bash! :D

Are We Really There??

Okay, we're on top, but still have the trip out to make it official... you know the rules! You are encouraged to continue contributing because every dollar puts Research for Brain Tumors that much closer to finding a cure.

I'm re-posting the original information so that everyone can easily see what has to be done. On the Virtual Rider page, there's a blog that shows the progress over the past two weeks, and a banner of those who have made contributions. Totally amazing stuff going on.

==========================================================
Original Post:

"Dues" for this website are theoretically optional, but (possibly) morally mandatory!

Darren, the webmaster of this site, only asks us to support his charity of choice – The Brain Tumor Society (BTS). One of the ways VFTT offers support is through entry and sponsorship in the annual BTS Ride for Research, a fundraising bike ride held in Boston.

A team became difficult to organize this year with Darren returning from Hawaii and re-settling into his home after two years away. Instead, a “Virtual Rider” has been created as a way for members of this community to donate in support of this website. Pretty neat how it works… and nobody has to take the time to actually ride a bike around Boston (hey… we can get out into the woods instead!)

To pay your "Dues" (amount of choice), follow this link:

VFTT Virtual Rider

To Learn more about The Brain Tumor Society click here

The Donation Process:
(1) FOLLOW THE ABOVE LINK TO THE VIRTUAL RIDER

(2) DONATE

ONLINE: Click on the "Make a Gift" link under the barometer. (MC, Visa, AmEx)

MAIL: Select the "Download a Form to Mail" in link near the bottom. Mail in your donation.

MATCH YOUR GIFT: If your employer can match your donation: EIN is 04-3068130

Finally... allow me to herald the cause for us to donate to BTS. Darren only asks this in return for his dedication, work and friendship. Let's not let down on our need to support him, keep his face smiling and his dedication to keeping this site up and running. Every one here should open their wallets... it's about giving back for all that we recieve.

There is currently a $2000 Goal with several member contributions posted. Let's see that goal blasted through the roof!

Deadline/Race Day is May 18th.

Any questions, PM me.