Presidential Traverse (N-S) 05-Jul-2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice job everyone on what was a nice achievement on a mostly in the clouds day

some excellent..very striking.. photos along the way

Ooh, love that first pic, Larissa. You really captured that 'on the Moors' feeling that I was feeling all day up there!

GREAT job guys and awesome report, Tim!!! What a great way to celebrate the transformation/healing process. Kudos to you all!

Great bumping into everyone along the way, and it was certainly joyous indeed when we were all reunited at Lakes of the Clouds ! :)

If (success = completed Presi traverse), then (completed Presi traverse in difficult conditions = wild success). Congrats!

Sadly, the Edmand's Col half-pipe has melted, but we did see two guys with skis and boots hiking towards Madison in search of snow.

Yup, it. And heck, we did find some snow! our TR
The late-day clearing was a treat for us too.

If (success = completed Presi traverse), then (completed Presi traverse in difficult conditions = wild success). Congrats!

Yup, it. And heck, we did find some snow! our TR
The late-day clearing was a treat for us too.

Excellent - That snowfield was there last July 4th as well. It is actually visible from the MWO North View web cam, when the weather is clear. After I saw it Monday, I was hoping you'd found it!

Last year, view from Adams, 7/4/2008

Tim

p.s. Do you mean success == completed presi traverse, or did you intend to make it an assignment? ;)

Last edited:
The snowfield is smiling at me! Nice photo.

When you passed by us, we were headed out to KR to see what there was to ski, but you see, we couldn't see. (as you knew). We got back to that snowfield later. Though it lacked the little left side of the smile in your photo, it did have a beard! Funny how there can be more in one place and less in another all at the same time.

I'm not sure about = vs ==, so I'll say that

completed presi traverse in difficult conditions === fantastic :)

Last edited:
Great Hike! Thanks Tim, LRiz, and Larry. It was great meeting all the VFTT folks out hiking in Sunday. It really was a day for hard core hikers. I had hoped to do my first PT on a 'Bluebird' day but we settled for a 'Seagull' day with a 'Bluebird' finish! For me our last peak, Mt Jackson, was the completion of my Summer48. My camera sucked fog on the hike so my only really good pictures were from the 'Bluebird' part of the day. Here are a few of my favorites.

Lake of (in) the Clouds

Blue sky...

More blue sky...

Yet more blue sky...

Cotton?

Mt Washington's private cloud

Gotta get movin' suns a setting...