Recommendation for breakfast

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE=yvon]Do you have a recommendation on a place for breakfast in the region of Crawford Notch and Twin Mountain?Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Yvon, the breakfast are soo good at the Highland center (crawford notch)
that each time I am in the white and not too far I take the breakfast
over there. The last two time it was soo good after had skip lunch and
dinner on the presi traverse.

[QUOTE=una_dogger]Adding another vote for the AMC Highland Center's breakfasts!!! Lots of options for a reasonable price. Plus, if you've forgotten anything (maps, socks, waterbottle) you can find it there, too. :)

You may even sleep on one of the couch before breakfast if you are
very tired....

Twin View Restaurant in Twin Mountain provides the worst service any where on Earth. The only thing that kept me from causing a scene was the fact that a Carroll Police Officer was present.
The owners are proud of the fact that tourists are not welcome.
Small wonder that Munroe's was full and Twin View was not.

That's all I have to say about that.

A little late to the party here, but we had b'fast at a place just west of the 4 Seasons, on the other side of the road. It was just coffee and bagels, but they were very good, fast and friendly, and they open at 6:00 AM. I'm sure someone remembers the name???

Tom Rankin said:
A little late to the party here, but we had b'fast at a place just west of the 4 Seasons, on the other side of the road. It was just coffee and bagels, but they were very good, fast and friendly, and they open at 6:00 AM. I'm sure someone remembers the name???

It is The Coffee Bean , we have eat there last weekend, friday and saturday. They have bagel sandwich for breakfast, coffee and very good muffins too. :)

Hmm - different strokes I guess - I thought the HC was real expensive for what it was - although the all you can eat part can be good...
I will vote for Shakespeare's on route 3 in Twin Mountain - good food, reasonable prices - nice staff.

Patches Market - Glen, Nh on 302 - Exxon out front.
Discovered this breakfast/lunch deli soon after learning DD was closed.

They make homemade breakfast sandwiches, full breakfasts, fantastic.
All types of coffee. Seating avail.
The real selling point was that they were open really early (before 8).
I think they may open at 5am.

I feel cheated that there isn't anything like it near me here in northern CT.

Patches Market

Tried Patches on Saturday morning. Good, inexpensive, quick, and used by the locals. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ed

Update on breakfast restaurants:
Monroes,
Will be closed all winter this year, for the first time. We were there today october 19 and it was the last day. The lady said, they closed because the economy.
The Coffee Beans
Are closed on sunday. We went there on saturday october 18 and today we wanted to go back again, closed. We saw on a sign on the door, that they are always closed on sunday.

Twin Mtn eats...

Monroe's is closed, like the previous note says. They had been closed all winter two years ago. The owners said it was the first year their accounts said they "made money"!

Had breakfast at Shakespeares. It was the worst breakfast ever! Eggs were undercooked and runny, coffee was very weak, there was only one other person in the place and now we know why - won't be back (ever!).

We'll stop at Peg's on the way up.

Update on breakfast restaurants:
The Coffee Beans
Are closed on sunday. We went there on saturday october 18 and today we wanted to go back again, closed. We saw on a sign on the door, that they are always closed on sunday.

I assume you're talking about The Mountain Bean? Yes, they seem to have very erratic hours. Too bad, they've got pretty good eats there. Coffee, too.

Patches Market - Glen, Nh on 302 - Exxon out front.
Discovered this breakfast/lunch deli soon after learning DD was closed.

They make homemade breakfast sandwiches, full breakfasts, fantastic.
All types of coffee. Seating avail.
The real selling point was that they were open really early (before 8).
I think they may open at 5am.

I feel cheated that there isn't anything like it near me here in northern CT.

Just called to confirm: 5am. I've fueled up with their bacon-egg-&-cheeses before: one in the car on the way, one on the trail after an hour.

Hard to understand the PNVC breakfast not starting until 6:30.

"Patches" or "Optimus."

Brreakfast Recommendations

The diner up the road from Peg's is Sunny Day Diner. Excellent eggs, bacon and hashbrowns, etc. Pretty reasonable prices too. We've eaten there many times over the years. Check 'em out.

2 thumbs up for Polly's Pancake House.

Little D:)

Ok...so, what is the consensus of those who prepare their own breakfasts (to eat in the car...or in the tent the next day).

What is a good breakfast...what has that energy factor...that will keep you going? We are still experimenting and haven't found it yet.

We always have oatmeal, with whatever fruit or nuts you like to throw in. This will hold you for many miles in the morning. Try to go easy on the coffee as it robs you of fluids.

Oatmeal's good, but I need meat to go with it, even if it means dipping back into the pepperoni, bacon or jerky.

I still haul fresh eggs & cheese on some overnights.

Bagel, peanut butter, raisins, cheese, Pop-Tarts, granola.

I'd like to master the art of waking up, breaking camp and delaying eating until a mile up the trail. Haven't achieved that yet.

Ok...so, what is the consensus of those who prepare their own breakfasts (to eat in the car...or in the tent the next day).

What is a good breakfast...what has that energy factor...that will keep you going? We are still experimenting and haven't found it yet.

mtn house scrambled eggs - add water and eat and no dishes to wash

don't get no simpler than that - won't work if your one of them vegan types;):D