RIP Stubiscuit

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotzman

Reaction score
(I did a search and didn't see a post for this already so if so please forgive me.)

Stu Delman or Stubiscuit passed away earlier this month from his battle with brain cancer. I didn't know him well but through a random meeting on top of Algonquin one sunny June day several years ago, we chatted a bit and he offered to sponsored me into VFTT. While it was brief it was a pleasure to meet Stu and his four-legged hiking companion. I hear he was quite a legend on the forums back in the 90's and early 2000's. May his family and friends enjoy his memories for years to come.

RIP

I think an in memorandum thread to remember those in our community who have passed on would be a nice way to remember those who have left us.

That's too bad. I really enjoyed Stu's trail updates from his hikes around Lake George and had a few pleasant PM exchanges with him. Solid guy from what I could gather.

We will miss Stu. Stuart Delman aka StuBiscuit.There is a memorial ,go to his user name StuBiscuit here-then-go to his home page.R.i.p. my friend.It's located on his home page.He was a great guy to hike with.! Sorry to hear about the passing of Grumpy also,he was a member here from the 1990's.

Last edited:
Stubiscuit was a wonderful member of the hiking community. I got the chance to hike with him once, but we exchanged trip reports and photos.
He'll be missed by all who knew him.

Tim,
Thanks for posting the link. Grumpy and I exchanged message for years and it was only late in our online friendship that he revealed his illness. He loved to take photographs and enjoyed the mountains. We talked about my driving him around for a day of scenery and photography, but by then his illness did not allow. One more reminder about how life is too short.

Last edited:
This is a picture of Stu and his beloved pooch Lily on Camel's Hump in vt. Maddy and I had the pleasure of joining Stu on this hike.Stu and his wife Suzanne were some of the kindest people you would want to meet and know.Our condolences to Suzanne and the rest of their friends and family.It's very sad to think that Stu is gone. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=110274937487305514320&target=ALBUM&id=5860851605112576369&authkey=Gv1sRgCP6Ps8LD-Jz4swE&feat=emailClick on pic. to open

What a great photo!!!