running shoe suggestions?-cushion, high arch, wide forefoot

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckyball1

Reaction score
Hi all--yes, i know this isn't the runner forum :), but because of the help i got on boot ideas and the fact i know there are a lot of serious runners on here, i thought i'd give it a try.....

I am just recovering from a serious injury to both pinky toes (self induced) and am reevaluating my running shoes

My foot profile and ideal shoe:
-high, rigid high arch (does no give much on strike), wide, "square" forefoot we discussed in boot thread (my pinky toes are set forward toward the line of the other toes making for wide forefoot)-my foot sole fat pads are also worn thin from age/pounding

-need a cushioned, curved last, wide forefoot shoe that is neutral + (no control or stability wanted-foot needs to flex)

I'm 65, 5'11' about 170 lbs run 20+ miles a week-i'm not a real runner, but i try

For the past few years, I've worn New Balance 106x series (now 1080) and Asics Gel Nimbus which come close to meeting my criteria. The Asics is a bit narrow in forefoot (no widths) and the NB has gone to a PL-1 last which has reduced the width and height of toe box, but they do come in wide widths.

so..any suggestions? running shoes and/or trail runners

s always
thanks

jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.