Shhhhhh... I'm not telling...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I doubt that I'm stunning anyone by boldly declaring that it probably is in Maine. From Darren's TR, it is apparent that the hike is on a maintained trail network and has camping sites.

Google "Coastline hiking loops in Maine" and the second result on Trails.com comes up with one or two possibilities. There are not many on that list that would be suitable for an overnight.

Maybe it's worth googling "Coastline backpacking Maine"?

reports said there was no fresh water on the coastal trail so I was hauling 2 days worth of water.
Water at brook crossing at approx 2.7 miles? How about inland on second day? Anything, or is it basically carrying water from the getgo for the whole loop?

That brook was a trickle, and you could certainly treat water at teh beaver pond on your way out, but there is no fresh water at the campsites. So if you are cooking dinner and breakfast you will probably want to haul some water with you.

- darren

It was nice, but I have to be honest and say it was a bit of a let down after the dramatic coastal trail the day before.

Word. Not to imply that I know where this is or anything!

Great pictures, and awesome to hear that you are back on the trails again.

Great pictures! I won't tell either. Except to say that it's not Buffalo NY.

HEY! Don't underestimate the beauty around here... we have rocky coastlines on a large lake and some gorgeous sunsets, friendly ppl, great bars, architecture and a near zero commute. BUT - just as Darren is doing - don't tell anyone... we don't want you here! :p

D - great stuff. Love to see the finished print. BTW - your photo art is the first (and only) stuff that is hung in the new house... so far!! :cool:

Darren, your pics are wonderful, they bring back memories of Desert Island, Arcida National Park. I've been on cape Cod many times but never remeber seeing such rugged cliffs as in your pics.

Thanks for sharing.