snow shoe quick attachment

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adk_dib said:
What is the best way to carry your shoe's when you switch over to crampons?
It probably depends on your pack, but I always make sure anything on the outside of my pack is beaner'ed or at the very least strapped down securely. My pack is well suited for snow shoe carrying, it has a flap that goes over them, so there is no exposed metal, and 2 clips to keep them secure.

I just bought a new pack (an Osprey Stratos 40) which has two horizontal straps. I bought this pack with these straps in order to carry my snowshoes on winter hikes. I have used it three times this winter and it works great for carrying snowshoes.

Also there was a thread not too long ago that showed a way of attaching straps to a pack.

critter said:
Also there was a thread not too long ago that showed a way of attaching straps to a pack.
Many packs have shrinking straps along the sides. One can simply thread snowshoe attachment straps behind the shrinking straps. If you use two straps and thread them through the snowshoes, you are not likely to lose them.

Doug

A couple of short bungee cords work great if your pack doesn't already have the appropriate straps.

critter said:
I just bought a new pack (an Osprey Stratos 40) which has two horizontal straps. I bought this pack with these straps in order to carry my snowshoes on winter hikes. I have used it three times this winter and it works great for carrying snowshoes.

Ditto. The straps will go 75%of the way around, or just cinch up the 20% across the back.

Tim