Some Major Highway Closures in White Mtn Region (29-Aug-2011)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
SOURCE: http://www.wmwv.com/

8:45 am
UPDATED ROAD CLOSURES IN VALLEY AREA
by Gair on August 29, 2011

WEST SIDE ROAD AT THE CONWAY END HAS BEEN RE-OPENED MONDAY MORNING BUT REMAINS CLOSED AT THE NORTH END.

RIVER ROAD REMAINS CLOSED AT ROUTE 16.

POWER IS REPORTEDLY OUT ON WEST SIDE ROAD AND IN THE BIRCH HILL AREA. AN EMERGENCY SHELTER HAS BEEN OPENED IN CENTER CONWAY AT THE CONWAY RECREATION BUILDING.

OTHER CLOSURES IN BARTLETT INCLUDE WEST SIDE ROAD, JERICHO ROAD, COBB FARM ROAD, ROLLING RIDGE ROAD AND ROUTE 302 WEST OF BARTLETT. EMERGENCY SHELTERS WERE OPENED IN BARTLETT AT THE GLEN FIRE STATION AND AT THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.

ROUTE 16 NORTH OF JACKSON REMAINS CLOSED MONDAY MORNING.

THE KANCAMAGUS HIGHWAY, BEAR NOTCH ROAD AND PASSACONAWAY ROAD AT THE ALBANY CONWAY TOWN LINE REMAIN CLOSED.

OTHER ROAD CLOSURES INCLUDE BEAN MOUNTAIN ROAD IN OSSIPEE.

IN TAMWORTH, WHITTIER ROAD IS CLOSED BETWEEN NUMBERS 778 AND 905 AND BUNKER HILL ROAD CAN’T BE ACCESSED FROM ROUTE 113.

IN TUFTONBORO, CROSS NECK, EVERGREEN, BOYCROFT AND UNION WHARF ROADS WERE CLOSED. AND IN WAKEFIELD, GARY ROAD AT NUMBER 56, NORTH SHORE DRIVE AT NUMBER 159, OAK HILL ROAD, WOODSIDE LANE, GOVERNOR’S ROAD AT NUMBER 59 AND CANAL ROAD AT THE MAINE STATE LINE WERE CLOSED.

Last edited:
Major Questions

Hi Hiker1, I have plans to hike Scar Ridge on Friday. Is the Kanc still open until the Big Rock campoing area? I guess the river crossing will be a challenge. If it is too rough we will try coming over from Loon if we can get there. The next plan was to hike the Sleepers from Tripyramid on Sunday. Do you know the status of Tripoli Road? Thanks for any help and all are invited. Mike & Ellen

Hi Hiker1, I have plans to hike Scar Ridge on Friday. Is the Kanc still open until the Big Rock campoing area? I guess the river crossing will be a challenge. If it is too rough we will try coming over from Loon if we can get there. The next plan was to hike the Sleepers from Tripyramid on Sunday. Do you know the status of Tripoli Road? Thanks for any help and all are invited. Mike & Ellen

This might be useful...all of NH's road closings.

http://www.nh.gov/readynh/documents/082911-0500-road-closures.pdf*

Status
Not open for further replies.