South Carolina Governor missing, turns out he's hiking the AT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

'He was writing something and wanted some space to get away from the kids,'' Jenny Sanford told The Associated Press while vacationing at the family's Sullivans Island beach house. She said she didn't know where he was, but wasn't concerned.

What a nice Father's Day for the kids! :rolleyes:

Is the Appalachian Trail a euphemism for the Betty Ford Clinic?

Does this have anything to do with Naked Hiking Day?

Curiouser and Curiouser

It appears that the Governor drove a state SUV from South Carolina to Atlanta and was seen boarding a plane, to parts unknown on Thursday. And they say he's hiking on the AT.
He's giving hiking a bad name!:confused:

I find it some what amusing that the local (Agusta, GA) stations did not really make a big deal of this. I have heard more about it on the 24 hr news channels and national papers.

Gov. Sanford, what I have seen/read on him, seems to be a very outdoors type of guy. And unless there is actual evidence of him doing wrong than......

This issue requires a full investigation. The public needs to know if an elected official hiked in jeans, kept his dog on a leash, used his cell phone, camped within 200 feet of the trail, and packed out his trash.

"At long last, have you no LNT ethics, Sir?!?"

South Carolina's governor went missing. Didn't even tell his wife where he went. It turns out he decided to go hiking on the AT.

What kind of a weirdo leaves his family for a long weekend to go walking around in the mountains?? :eek:
How did the good people of South Carolina elect a deranged individual like this??? :confused:

Good grief.

It appears that Talking Points Memo agrees with Beverly, saying that "Whatever Sanford has actually been doing, he's just made "hiking the Appalachian Trail" a euphemism for mysterious disappearances as a result of illicit activities."

"If the tent is rockin', don't come knockin'..." ;)

I think our gig is up!

So is our jig...!

Gov. Sanford, what I have seen/read on him, seems to be a very outdoors type of guy. And unless there is actual evidence of him doing wrong than......

I think the original concern is that the chief executive officer of the state disappeared and was out of contact with even his own staff and possibly his family for a period of several days. The job he applied for comes with a few extra responsibilities.

Maybe he was doing the horizontal tango instead of hiking?

DING-DING-DING!!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. (Governor Sanford, we have some lovely parting gifts for you...)

I feel bad for any aspiring thru-hikers -- or even section-hikers -- since now when they say they're going off "to hike the AT" people may automatically assume that's a euphemism for "fly to a foreign country to cheat on my spouse/significant other"... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.