Spring Hunting season in Catskills

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdRiverRun

Reaction score
Keep in mind when going out that the Spring Turkey season starts on May 1st which is Saturday. Bright stuff, less red, not a good time of season to ask private land owners to cross their land. Keep in mind your dogs too, a brown or black dog even with (maybe even more so) a redish vest on coming through the brush may give the flash image of a turkey. Hunting hours are from a half hour before sunrise to noon so afternoon hikes with dogs not leashed may be more appropriate.

thanks, good reminder. I operate under the assumption that it's always hunting season for something (coyote and turkey are examples in CT) and act and dress accordingly, primarily with the colors of what I'm wearing/carrying.

thanks, good reminder. I operate under the assumption that it's always hunting season for something (coyote and turkey are examples in CT) and act and dress accordingly, primarily with the colors of what I'm wearing/carrying.
Thus the Pink Camera? :D ;)

Thus the Pink Camera? :D ;)

Yes, and it coordinates so well with his plutonium-coloured Mammut softshell.

(For all you atomic geeks: Yes, I know plutonium is actually a dull grey, but I'm going for comedic effect here. Just work with me, people...)