Summit Fox

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf88

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the summit fox on Mt Washington this year? I used to see him all the time up there but not recently, haven't noticed any recently taken pics of him on the MWO site either.

Heres my favorite shot I've took of him

4226586917_85bbe51c18_b.jpg

Nice shot! I am sure they are still in the area, but perhaps visiting less frequently. There has always been more than one who often visited, looking for handouts which they often found in the form of turkey carcass or other unused/uneaten food from the MWObs and SP. I am sure that none of them actually "lived" on the summit, but may have a den or two where they could hide out if caught in inclement weather. My guess is they have been receiving fewer handouts for the same reason folks in the mountains bring in their bird feeders in spring/summer so as to not attract bears. Once a wild animal has established a regular food source they may become less wild and actually become a nuisance. Unfortunate for those of us who like to see them and would love to help them survive, but for the animal's sake it is best to let them be "wildlife".

KDT