Sunset From Owl's Head...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w7xman

Reaction score
The other Owl's Head...Probably one of the best views for effort in the Whites!

Have always wanted a blazing alpenglow shot from this peak, and yet it eludes me. Have always found clouds either on the peak or at the horizon. Fortunately, it's an easy hike (save the last 50 yards!!) and I could still bare boot it this year (snowpack all of 8 inches).

Sunday night was no different, still no light, but I am thrilled to come away with this from the digital memory file!

6795927162_53e0336af3_o.jpg

I'll be back for alpenglow though...

Outstanding photo. Beats the heck out of my one time visit. It was Mt. Haze on that date.:(

Oh, you captured it! Did you go over Mt. Martha, too, or up from the other side?

Hiked up Cherry...

Hiked up Cherry/Martha first, and took Martha's mile over. Am I to understand correctly that the Owl's head trail itself is closed???

Am I to understand correctly that the Owl's head trail itself is closed???

It was open last October. I saw some new sections that were re-routes I believe. Possible private land issues? Could be closed again, don't know.

Was closed, now reopened with a relocation at the bottom. Please trust me, I'm too tired to look up the citations. Pretty sure I've posted it here before.

Meanwhile - awesome photo!!!

Definitely open

Was closed, now reopened with a relocation at the bottom. Please trust me, I'm too tired to look up the citations. Pretty sure I've posted it here before.

Meanwhile - awesome photo!!!

I hiked it at the end of January (there's a TR here) The low end is quite wet, but it's a pretty nice trail once you move up a little.

Totally awesome view you got there.

wow

Jim...I was blown away by that photo, it captures the essence of the Whites! Did you have to hike down in the dark after that?