Thanks to VFTT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WhiteMTHike said:
Well said. One thing I love about this board is that it IS tightly moderated and focused on hiking.

ditto. The moderators do a fantastic job keeping the natives from getting too restless. And there are plenty of other places for natives to get restless if they need to.

VFTT is the bomb-diggidty. Sad to see anyone leave or feel like they need to leave for any reason.

Fisher Cat said:
Its a part of hiking culture, there's rules and laws everywhere but a lot of freedom exists under that umbrella.

This is an important point that seems to escape most people. Consider life in a lawless society. You might think it would be great because you can do and say anything. Actually, life has always sucked in any lawless time or place. There is absolutely no freedom or joy because your whole life revolves around survival. Advantage : criminals.

Freedom requires rule of law and enforcement of the law. No law = no fun. I know that is hard to accept for those who have been brainwashed by the counterculture has-beens.

This is Darren's site. He is a free citizen. This is his property. That means he makes the rules. This is not the federal government's site, so the idea of 1st Amendment speech rights do not pertain. The Constitution does not give us the right to say anything, anywhere. Rather, it restricts the US Govt. from stopping most speech. To complain that moderators on this site, which is the private property of a private citizen, are restricting speech betrays an utter ignorance of the Constitution. Damn public education.

dvbl's a good soul, and I know he understands this. We are of like minds, I can tell. He doesn't like something, but he is not demanding change on Darren's site. He's just going elsewhere. Hope he comes back.

Last edited: