The Knife Edge 8/5/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the best

Kevin,
Your photos come the closest to describing the experience. The only way to truly understand what Kevin is saying is to have done it yourself.

There is nothing physically taxing about Knife Edge. For me, the challenge was all in my mind. Nothing like an increased chance of a fatal mistake to clear the mind and focus on the task!

I wonder about your experience. For us, it was extremely stressful. To the point of anger. But then again, our situation was the result of an inclement day. We went up after two days of rain, 10 days in the woods, and no end to the rain in sight.

We had chatted with the warden. After two days of non-stop rain, he sized us said "go for it." When we got up there, it was very cold, windy and raining. The clouds gave us a ten foot field of vision. Things were quite slippery. You really could not see where you were going. That made it particularly scary.

I've also said that mountains have a personality. They have their good days and their bad days. Once you've met one mountain, you've met one mountain. They are all so different, with Kathadin having a personality unique in these lands.
Thanks for the enjoyable flicks!

Great TR and awesome photo's Kevin !
BSP is a magical place.
Never know what you're going to get .
This years go at it looks mighty successful !

The first time I went to Baxter, Katahdin was closed.
Which trail ? no, the whole mountain was closed.

It would take 4 more visits before I walked the knife but, not complaining.
So much more to see than the Katahdin area.

What an awesome place ! So much more exploring to do around there.

Wow - some of these among the best "mountain" pictures I have seen. The cedar waxwing is a great one too.

They're really striking.

Last edited: