The Weeks-Saturday November 5th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEB

Reaction score
Hi All,

My sister and I, and possibly Reuben, are planning on hiking the Weeks on 11/05. We are planning on doing an out and back trip via York Pond Trail and Kilkenney Ridge Trail. If I did the mileage correctly its just over a 12 mile trip. If your interested in coming along we plan on starting around 8:00 a.m. from the York Pond trailhead near the fish hatchery.

-MEB

I forgot about the road clousre on York Pond Road. This will add a little over two miles each way so we're looking at about 16+ miles for the day, not including a side trip to Terrance.

So, I was thinking a couple of things. First we could keep the origianl plan and with the road walk or we could do an out and back via Starr King Trail and Kilkenney Ridge Trail. The milage would be around 17 miles.

Let me know what your thoughts are as either one would be fine with me.

-MEB

I believe it will be a New Moon phase on the 2nd of Nov. If that's the case it will surely be dark as the sun sets.

MEB said:
I forgot about the road clousre on York Pond Road.
-MEB

If you mean the bridge they're working on at the fish hatchery, they've actually put up a temporary bridge to the right of the main one (it's hiding a little behind the buildings there). When I was there in September, no one had a problem with me using it or driving in to the parking lot for the York Pond Trail.

Last edited:
Nate, thanks for the information. Hopefully the temporary bridge is still open!

-MEB

Meb,

Also consider using bikes for the road section.

That would be a fun ride and, since the road is normally passable in summer by car, doing so will not break the 100 Highest rules.

cb

ChrisB said:
Meb,

Also consider using bikes for the road section.
That would be a fun ride and, since the road is normally passable in summer by car, doing so will not break the 100 Highest rules.

cb

I'm not so sure about that. From the AMC 4000 footer Web site regarding the use of bikes:

Legally open to the general public for car/truck travel on the day of the trip and would be fairly easily passable to an average four-wheel-drive vehicle (not an ATV) without "heroic measures" such as winches. (If you think a jeep might not make it, then please walk.)

If the road cannot be used by a car on the day you hike it, you cannot use a bike.

Hi MEB,
If it is not too late, I'd like to join your hike to the Week's on Saturday. Has the meeting place and route changed or will it be 8am at the fish hatchery and take the York Pond Trail out and back?

sal

sal said:
Hi MEB,
If it is not too late, I'd like to join your hike to the Week's on Saturday. Has the meeting place and route changed or will it be 8am at the fish hatchery and take the York Pond Trail out and back?

sal

That is the plan! :) It will be good to hike with you again! :)

- Ivy

I'm out... sorry guys. Looking forward to seeing some of you on the Twins/Galehead hike. MEB, RACHEL, save some food :D