Trekking Pole Question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Me & Harpua

Reaction score
I was thinking of picking up some KOMPERDELL Titanal Ultralight Poles. Does anyone have any experience with these poles? Likes or dislikes?

Thanks for your opinion!'

Sean

Don't know if that is the same as mine but I have a set of Komperdell ultralight trekking poles (non-shock) that I like a lot. They are truly light and has withstood some abuse. I've had them for like 5 years and slightly bend the lower shaft of one but I think that is still good for the amount of use it gets.

Jay

I don't have the Titanal but I have the Carbon fiber Komperdells. I love the poles and their weight... but I've had to fix a few things myself when things have come apart (like the locking mechanism detatching, or ungluying from the pole).
But... it's all part of the fun, and they are soooo light, as all Komperdells are.

I have the carbon ones, was a bit scepticle that they would be tough enough at about 5.5 oz, but so far so good. Half the weight of my leki poles. Got the womens ones, did not need the extra length and bit of weight, also found the grip better.

I have the Komperdell ultralight compacts (from Sierra Trading Post a few yars ago). 3 pieces, women's model, non-shock absorbing. Less than one pound for the pair. I believe the women's model just doesn't extend as long as the men's. Love the long foam on the handle (especially when it's cold) and the wide strap. I'm very happy with mine. As soon as I got these, my old EMS pair got buried and hasn't seen the light of day since.

Check out their warranty. I will always use Leki. Why? I have bent a pole and broke another. This was not because of brand failure, but due to hard, but normal use. Leki replaced both poles (two far apart,separate times) quicly and withoput any questions. They went out of there way to make sure I was getting the correct segment for the pole. They honor their "lifetime quarantee" fast and efficiently. I did it all by e-mail.

I also have the Komperdell Carbon poles, and have managed to destroy one of them. Purely my fault but I was able to get it replaced without any hassle through LL Bean, they have an unbelieveable return policy. Before then I had put them through some serious abuse and was amazed at how well they'd held up.

I got my mom some womens carbon poles, and they are the same thing, only shorter (they go to 120 cm instead of 140 cm).

I have seen the titanal ones, but have no direct experience with them, sorry.